Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra

Trim : sx

Engine : 1.8

Year : 04

Default is this possible?

i want to fit auto lights... how do i do this other then gettint the switch that has the auto setting?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : BMW 525i

Trim : SE Touring

Engine : 3.0

Year : 2007

You'll need the light sensor that fits on the rearview mirror bracket... correct wiring... correct switch and appropriately enabling by computer based application..... at least.

I'm sure someone will add in any other parts required.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra

Trim : sx

Engine : 1.8

Year : 04

so if i get the sensor and switch it wont work?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Opel Vectra GTS

Trim : Elegance

Engine : 2.2 DTi 16V

Year : 2003

Mileage : 75 000

It will work if you have the correct BCM version.

You profile says you have a 2004 Vectra. Only Signums from that year had autolighting, using a specific lights switch and an additional wire to the BCM, using the "0" postion as "auto".

Actually, it's unlikely you have a compatible BCM, as you don't have a Signum, but you can still check, or it can be swapped. You won't have the necessary additional wire, though, but it still can be added.

The lights switch with a separate "Auto" position appeared only with full CAN bus facelifts. It doesn't use a separate wire. Instead, the "Auto" position switches the "low beam" wire without switching the "sidelights" wire, telling the appropriate BCM you're in "Auto" mode and to check the light sensor.

I obviously don't have a full CAN BCM, so it doesn't work straight away : a full CAN lights switch in "Auto" position leaves the low beams and tail lights always lit, even when the car is off and locked !

Since I could only find such a switch, I modified it so it now triggers the unused output instead, simulating a preface Signum autolight switch. I added a socket to my loom plug and the missing wire.

It then should be able to work with a preface Signum BCM. Since I don't have one anyway, I'll use my own light detector to trigger a home made autolighting system (it just has to switch the sidelights and low beam wires using relays).

Now if you do this and can find a matching BCM, it should then work if you replace your rain sensor. You must have one already, or you won't have the loom either, nor maybe the correct REC, but if you have a rain sensor already, then this part with be just plug and play, as the wiring is common to all models (the rain and light sensors signals use the same wires : they are apparently multiplexed there).

The Signum the lights switch connector only pin to wire is n 3 (it's the only unused one on your loom anyway). Note that on the facelift, pin n 1 isn't used anymore. It brought the dimming backlight voltage to some all the puttons but the main selector. Now all of them stay always lit and are powered by the ignition +12 V from pin n 7 (that's why they're brigther than all other buttons in the car).

If you plug a facelift switch in your pre-facelift Vectra, it won't be a problem anyway, as they'll be 100% compatible, at least for the backlighting and standard buttons, but of course, the "Auto" position will have weird effects, and you'll have to rewire it internally, unless you change your BCM for a full CAN one (which will probably imply other modifications in the car modules and looms).

If you can find a preface Signum autolight switch (with no visible "Auto" position, but with an additional output to pin n 3), or if you modify a facelift one as I did, then you'll have to wire the connector pin n 3 to the BCM pin n 72 at the CX31 connector. The original wire is yellow, in case you want to make it looking OEM.

I still have to check if a standard preface BCM is able to react to a signal coming to its pin 72. Pobably not... I don't have an EY variant (rain + light sensor for heat rejecting windscreen) either, so testing won't be easy, but you can still try !

Thread Information