Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia 1.8 SRi

Trim : VX Line Red

Engine : 1.8VVT

Year : 2011

Default Raging - I Hate Dishonest Folk!

Just had the rear bumper of my Vec damaged by some old duffer, who then promptly saw fit to just drive off!

Was sat waiting at a set of traffic lights, 3rd or 4th in the queue, waiting to turn left. Lights changed, traffic started to move, then almost stopped again for some reason. I pretty much stopped, however the old fellow behind me clearly didn't notice what was going on and just walloped into the back of me. Both he and I stopped at this point obviously.

The traffic lights were still green at this point, so rather than block the junction, I turned round and signalled to him to follow me round to the left, to which he gave a wave and a big thumbs up. Just as I moved off and turned round to the left, the lights changed, and the old fellow stopped. I went a short distance clear of the junction and pulled over, had a quick look at the back of the car, and grabbed a pen and paper.

At this point the lights changed, and there was no sign of the old fellow. I honestly don't know if I somehow missed him sneaking past and going straight on, or if the fly old git perhaps done a U-turn at the lights and bolted. Either way, all I know is that some old bloke in a silver car means I now need my rear bumper repaired and painted. Couldn't even tell you what type of car his was, let-alone the registration, as at the point I turned round and waved to him, all I could see was a silver bonnet

I've now reported it to the police. I know there will be those that say I'm mad for doing so, and it's a waste of time. Can't say I necessarily disagree. However, if the old fellow by some miracle has a change of heart (yeah right....) and he goes and reports it, then suddenly I'm the one that left the scene of an accident, which is a chargeable offence. Can't win really.

Anyway, as per title, raging. Old git must have been 60 if he was a day, and they blame younger drivers for causing all the trouble.

Oh, anybody got a nice condition Star Silver rear bumper going cheap.....?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra facelift

Trim : sri

Engine : z20net 2oltr turbo

Year : 57

Mileage : 38200

sorry to hear this mate. hope you get it sorted quick. duffers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by daddyjay View Post
    sorry to hear this mate. hope you get it sorted quick. duffers.
    Cheers. The damage isn't too bad, the bumper should be repairable. It's more just the hassle of trying to fit in taking it in to have it done to be honest. In all honesty, if I could lay my hands on a cheapish second hand bumper, I would consider getting that painted if necessary and then fitting it myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Any cctv in the area??
    i know how you feel mate, i had a 90 year old drive into me while i was stationary! Next thing i know, i phone insurance and he has blamed it all on me and made up a pack of lies! I was furios, luckily for me and unknown to him i had recorded the whole after accident conversation of him admitting it fully and apolagising on the scene by holding my iphone on record in my pocket, backed with photos and matching times, i clearly won the battle, but it wound me up been so dishonest! Saying i was young and cut a corner! How dare he! Hope you get it sorted bud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Hatchback

Trim : Sri

Engine : 1.8 vvt

Year : 06

Bl***y cheek of it, you`d half expect it if it was some young kid but a 60year old??? What`s that all about?

There was a metro blue rear bumper on here the other day for sale if it`s any help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Jow20 View Post
    Any cctv in the area??
    i know how you feel mate, i had a 90 year old drive into me while i was stationary! Next thing i know, i phone insurance and he has blamed it all on me and made up a pack of lies! I was furios, luckily for me and unknown to him i had recorded the whole after accident conversation of him admitting it fully and apolagising on the scene by holding my iphone on record in my pocket, back with photos and matching times, i clearly won the battle, but it wound me up been so dishonest! Saying i was yound and cut a corner! How dare he! Hope you get it sorted bud.
    Cheers. There should probably be CCTV in the area as it wasn't far from Rugby Park Football Stadium. The officer I spoke to said they would try and have a look at any CCTV they could lay their hands on, but didn't sound too convincing. I'll wait and see.

I'm an honest person myself, and always hope others will be the same. Obviously in this case it backfired and will end up costing me. Good shout in your instance, recording the conversation with your phone, sounds like a lucky escape.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : gsi

Trim : quality

Engine : 3.2

Year : 2005

some right scum out there driving atm.........
    u try and do the right thing by keeping the road clear for other users, and the old ******* does a u-turn and ******s off.......
    i"m sure ur brave and angry fella.............

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Theres always 'karma' bud, what goes around comes around, someone will cave his door in, in a car park one day and drive off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by vectra gsi 3.2 View Post
    some right scum out there driving atm.........
    u try and do the right thing by keeping the road clear for other users, and the old ******* does a u-turn and ******s off.......
    i"m sure ur brave and angry fella.............
    I honestly haven't the slightest clue where the old git went, which is what makes me wonder if he u-turned and bogged off. I'm pretty sure when the lights changed I saw the first of the cars go through, which should have been him. I had pen and paper in my hand by then, so even if he'd went straight through the junction, I could at least have jotted down his registration.

Quote Originally Posted by Jow20 View Post
    Theres always 'karma' bud, what goes around comes around, someone will cave his door in, in a car park one day and drive off.
    Fingers crossed mate, you can only hope!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : gsi

Trim : quality

Engine : 3.2

Year : 2005

i really don"t know how i would react if someone hit the gsi or vxr...........
    more than likely..........it would involve quite a few swear words directed in the offenders direction............

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information