Thread: Bad Smell

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Bad Smell

I have a pretty bad smell in my car just now.I am running metal to metal on my rear brakes while I wait for the replacement alloy wheel key to arrive.Trying to be careful.Would the friction from this cause a bad odour? I cannot seem to see anything inside the cabin but there is a sort of "damp slightly eggy smell"

I asked my mates that I "car pool" with, if they had planted something for a "laugh" but they have said "no" so its a bit of a weird one.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Aircon?

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Or clutch if you are being carefull by using the gears to brake ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Not sure.It is a sort of "stale" smell.I don't think its the air-con or the clutch.Probably one of these things.I'll need to fix the brakes and see if it goes away.I had the "smelly sock" smell when I got the car and that WAS the air-con.This is a different "fragrance"

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had a problem witn water in the spare wheel cubby hole, it had a bit of a nose as well ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by johnmac View Post
    Not sure.It is a sort of "stale" smell.I don't think its the air-con or the clutch.Probably one of these things.I'll need to fix the brakes and see if it goes away.I had the "smelly sock" smell when I got the car and that WAS the air-con.This is a different "fragrance"
    What was it with the air con that gave it a "smelly sock" smell?

Since I've had mine the air con can smell a bit damp and musty, kind of like a house thats been left empty for a while if you know what I mean.

Am getting it serviced this mont and was going to ask the stealer to look at it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Talking

Could be a dead moose ! They can hum to high heaven. One of my dogs sneaked one into my XM and it took a couple of weeks for it to become really ripe and require an investigation which discovered a half mummified moose in the rear footwell. It was next to the rear heater vent which didn't help matters. The dogs are now banned from bringing such presents into the car and the cat has been spoken to also.( because it was her mouse in the first place) A mate of mine once had a baby rabbit jump into the boot of his passat estate, which despite an extensive search at the time, didn't turn up until five days later when it appeared in the front passenger footwell when his wife was doing 80 in the fast lane. Imagine her surprise

I once picked up a dead badger and put it in a box to take to a mate who uses the fur for sporrans. The box was in the back of my defender 90 and were going out that night and had the sister in law squeezed in the middle bench seat. I had told them about the badger in the back and had remarked that Big Dode would be really pleased with it. We were half way to where we were going and I put my hand down and tickled her calve whilst shouting "F**k me, the badger's loose". Well, she almost had heart failure on the spot and exited the vehicle from the middle seat along with my wife at warp speed . It took quite a bit of persuading to get them back into the Landy !! Laugh, I nearly shat !!
    Last edited by ballogie; 1st February 2007 at 17:33. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by ballogie View Post
    Could be a dead moose ! They can hum to high heaven. One of my dogs sneaked one into my XM and it took a couple of weeks for it to become really ripe and require an investigation which discovered a half mummified moose in the rear footwell. It was next to the rear heater vent which didn't help matters. The dogs are now banned from bringing such presents into the car and the cat has been spoken to also.( because it was her mouse in the first place) A mate of mine once had a baby rabbit jump into the boot of his passat estate, which despite an extensive search at the time, didn't turn up until five days later when it appeared in the front passenger footwell when his wife was doing 80 in the fast lane. Imagine her surprise

I once picked up a dead badger and put it in a box to take to a mate who uses the fur for sporrans. The box was in the back of my defender 90 and were going out that night and had the sister in law squeezed in the middle bench seat. I had told them about the badger in the back and had remarked that Big Dode would be really pleased with it. We were half way to where we were going and I put my hand down and tickled her calve whilst shouting "F**k me, the badger's loose". Well, she almost had heart failure on the spot and exited the vehicle from the middle seat along with my wife at warp speed . It took quite a bit of persuading to get them back into the Landy !! Laugh, I nearly shat !!
    LMAO..excellent!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It's nothing John, it;s just dirt reside kicking up from the carpets and seats, this damp weather makes it smell musty, an aircon bomb like the comma one might sort it out, bacteria dies in the vents and this can also cause the smells I think you mean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

PM sent....my missus can sort it mate!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information