Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : astra

Trim : sri

Engine : 1.9cdti 150

Year : 2008

Default P2279 Intake Air System Leak Detected B-035

hello all im new and was recommended to come here for advise on my astra 1.9cdti 150 2008/58

iv had lost of power below 2000rpm since thursday
    cars had a new egr valve but no look

boost sensor has been clean and swirl flaps working correct

P2279 Intake Air System Leak Detected B-035
    thats the code im getting

could the egr valve be faulty its a refurb pierburg unit ces uk are selling as new units

thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If you had the lack of power under 2K before you replaced the EGR and now lack of power remains then i doubt the EGR is your issue.

There's a couple of things it could be but lack of power under 2K can be caused by faulty boost control. There is a boost control solenoid on the inside right of the bumber as you look at the front of the vehicle. It has 2 rubber vacuum hoses going to it. One from the vac pump on the right of the cylinder head and one from the solenoid down to the turbo (which you cant see from above as its behind the heat shield). Check these hoses thoroughly for splits as vacuum loss will prevent the vanes in the turbo from closing which makes the turbo more efficient/responsive at low revs.

Alternatively it may be that there is an air leak between the turbo and the manifold i.e. boost pipe to the intercooler, the intercooler itself and the boost pipe from the intercooler to the inlet manifold. In this scenario the turbo will spool up so an increase in air flow across the MAF sensor is seen by the ECU, but if the MAP pressure does not rise according in the manifold the ECU throws P2279. Both air leaks and an EGR that isnt closing/sealing properly can throw P2279.

I'm not sure if a faulty boost solenoid would throw P2279 though...might just be a bad turbo lag.

If you clear P2279 does it come back straight away?

3. Likes Teapot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

code was cleared by the aa this morning and hasnt come on since they removed the egr and he says no problems there other wise he was all out of good ideas
    the problem still persists

tryed a new air flow meter today and there was no change in the car

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

im having pretty much the same problem i only had one code come up for egr ive cleaned it out and its still the same with out any codes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid

Trim : Premium SE

Engine : 1.6 with 32KW motor

Unplug egr see how it goes and check intercooler pipe for splits

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

if i unplug the egr valve what should / shouldnt it do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If you unplug it, it should stay closed all the time providing that it is not sticking/stuck open. With it closed all the time and unplugged you'll get the spanner light and on the third start of the engine the spanner light will be replaced by the MIL (emissions light).

Providing it's closed and sealing properly you eliminate the possibility that the lack of power is due to excessive EGR flow. If the valve is stuck open slightly when you put your foot down, pressure doesn't build in the exhaust/turbo so it doesn't spool up and force clean air into the intake. In addition to a lack of clean air you also get more exhaust gas in the intake which makes things even worse!....lack of air + exhaust gas is not what you need when you are telling the ECU with your right foot to add more fuel!

Try unplugging the EGR and test.
    Check your boost/intercooler hoses for leaks - get someone to rev whilst you watch. The pipes should swell slightly under pressure.
    Check the vacuum lines to the boost control solenoid for splits as this will affect low end performance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Design

Engine : 1.9 CDTI 150

Year : 07

Mileage : 88.000

I am having a similar issue with my Vectra 07 and have done several of the recommended actions that i have found using these forums. I have inspected and cleaned my EGR. It appears free moving and wasn't at all dirty to be hones. I have also clean my boost sensor (the sensor next to the EGR) this was quite dirty. I have inspected my vacuum pipes and they appear fine with no signs of collapsing. One thing i have notice is that once the engine management light goes out and i am driving the car to get the light back on all i need to do is let the engine slow me down once it has gone over 3000rpm. so for instance slowing down on the motorway after overtaking or using the engine to slow the car down whilst driving down a hill. Now i have found a leak in the front pipe on the exhaust could this be having an effect on my cars performance? I am wondering if the car goes into limp mode when it trys to do a DPF clean?

My car is booked into a local garage on Monday for him to look over the air intake pipes and change the front pipe. So any advice before then would be really helpful

10. Likes icku86 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C estate

Trim : SRI

Engine : Z19DTH

Mileage : 79000

Get somebody to rev the engine whilst you look at the swirl bar and make sure that its operating. One of my customers had this error and it the actuator bar that had come of, this is the bar, item 25

Capture1.JPG

Also check the egr rad, its bolted to the side of the engine above the gb, if the join (circled in red) at the end is loose this can also cause the same code

egr.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : C

Engine : z19dth

Year : 2018

Quote Originally Posted by popeye76 View Post
    I am having a similar issue with my Vectra 07 and have done several of the recommended actions that i have found using these forums. I have inspected and cleaned my EGR. It appears free moving and wasn't at all dirty to be hones. I have also clean my boost sensor (the sensor next to the EGR) this was quite dirty. I have inspected my vacuum pipes and they appear fine with no signs of collapsing. One thing i have notice is that once the engine management light goes out and i am driving the car to get the light back on all i need to do is let the engine slow me down once it has gone over 3000rpm. so for instance slowing down on the motorway after overtaking or using the engine to slow the car down whilst driving down a hill. Now i have found a leak in the front pipe on the exhaust could this be having an effect on my cars performance? I am wondering if the car goes into limp mode when it trys to do a DPF clean?

My car is booked into a local garage on Monday for him to look over the air intake pipes and change the front pipe. So any advice before then would be really helpful

Have you managed to find out what the issue was. I have the same and I'm struggling to fix it

Thread Information