Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

confused Used car dealer issue

HI there apologies if this tread is in a wrong place.
    Was wondering if you could give me some advise.

Let my story begin ;/

I HAVE WRITTEN OFF MY VECCY SRI end of Feb- well not me but a bin lorry in Staines.

Afer researching internet I have found beautiful Skoda Octavia vRS in Black- went to a car garage in Essex spoke to sales person and agreed sale.
    That was saturday 02/03/13
    Car was going to be delivered on a lorry on Monday- and it was- without a road tax.

There was a note in ''apologies ther car will be taxed today and road tax disc posted to you 1st class 2moro''.

So conclusion... got a car on a drive with insurance and MOT but no tax so can't use it!!!!!!

I was in contact with a dealer via emails to keep record.

Please see below:

Its day 16 with me having my vRS sitting on my drive.

I have contacted dealers and thats wat they have responded:

I have bought a car from yourselves on Saturday 02/03/2013.
    > The car is SKODA OCTAVIA VRS .
    >
    > On the point of sale I was told that the car will be delivered to my address on Monday 04/03/2013 taxed and fully prepared to drive.
    >
    > When I took delivery- the car wasn't taxed and there was a message slip stating that you will tax my car the same day and post it to me 1st class on the next day ( Tuesday 05/03/2013). Today is Friday and nothing has happened.
    >
    > Additionally i was told by DVLA that the LOG BOOK will take 4-6 week to arrive.
    > During that time I wont be able to drive the car legally. I have bought car insurance which started on the 04/03/2013 and the car warranty has started on 02/03/2013 even if car is unusable by me for this period until you ( I have paid you for TAXing a car ) will tax a car.
    >
    > Cause of that inconvenience I will have to hire a car to keep me going until I will receive a tax disc from yourselves.

Hi Michael,

As discussed sorry for this issue on our part, it is un acceptable although out of our control.

As discussed on the phone I will re-imburse the cost of the tax for you.

I will also contribute to your hire car cost at a rate of £100 per week for a maximum of 2 weeks.

I hope this clears the issue and we get you on the road in your own car asap.

Kind Regards

Good afternoon

I just wanted to get some update regarding my tax and log book.
    We are approaching fast the beginning of third week of me having a car without a tax and log book.

I confirm that I don't accept your offers of reimbursing tax and contribution to car hire.
    You need to put me in a position of redress meaning that not only should you be reimbursing all of my outgoings in full you should also consider compensation payment in consideration of the inconvenience you've caused me.

I have rented a basic car for 6 days this week (VW Polo 1.2) for the amount of £107.02 + £69 Insurance cost.

I will require extension to hire for minimum of further 8 days as I have to travel to hospital to see my wife who has just given birth. It is 70miles round trip and she will be in hospital for the next week.

The cost of hiring a car from 16/03/2013- 23/03/2013 - will be £184.92 including insurance cost.

Obviously my outgoings are increasing the longer thing take to resolve.

My total outgoings are so far:

Car Hire cost 11/03/2013 - 23/03/2013- £ 361.54, which is £27.81 a day.
    Insurance on a car I can't drive - £974.82 p/y, which is £2.67 a day. (From 04/03/2013)
    Taxi cost to and from car hire place @ £4 each way= total of £8.

Total cost as at 16/03/2013 will be approximately £210.74.
    Thats assuming that the ROAD TAX will arrive before weekend.

Please confirm that you accept above by the close of business Friday 15/03/2013.

Kind Regard

Michal Gwiazda

I DID NOT GET A RESPONSE FROM THEM ON THE DATE STATED IN MY EMAIL SO I HAVE CALLED THEM AND EMAiL THEM THE SAME DAY

Whom It May Concern

Good Morning

After conversation with your colleague on Monday 18/03/2013 I beleive you have received my previous email dated 14th of March 2013.
    I haven't received any response from you regarding my matter.
    I would appreciate reply with solution to my situation by the close of bussiness Today Wednesday 20/03/2013.

I will forward copy of my email to you via recorded delivery for your records.

Kind Regards

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you.

I will compensate you £20 per day to cover all cost's upto the arrival of the tax disc with you.

Im sure you can appreciate I cant do anymore as it will become un-economical to have sold the car in the first place.

Alternatively we would need to un-wind the whole deal and ill sell it to the other customer we had interested.

Kind Regards

NOW THE QUESTION I HAVE GOT IS:

What should I do.

I have bought my dream car and now can't drive it.

Please give me some advise.

P.S
    CAR IS HPI CLEAR AND HAVE SPOKEN TO PREVIOUS OWNERS (lease company) AND CAR AUCTION THE CAR WAS BOUGHT THROUGHT FROM BY THE DEALER.

DVLA TOLD ME TAX is on until 01/01/2014 But can't drive it without disc. So it seats on the drive...

I didn't get new owners supplement...

SORRY FOR THE LONG THREAD I tried Citizen advise and might be going on the JVS Show on bbc 3cr

Regards

Michael

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : z

Trim : z

Engine : z

Year : z

Surely you would have had to sign the log book as the new keeper before it was sent off to the DVLA?

And can the dealer not tax the car using his trade insurance policy?

Edit >> If it's taxed until January 2014, can you not apply for a duplicate tax disc?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra vxr

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8 v6 turbo

Year : 2008

Mileage : 31000

Sounds very like the disc has become lost in the post? if the garage has posted it they should be contacting Royal Mail

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : SRI 150

Trim : Smart and Bad!

Engine : Z19DTH

Mileage : 105000

So the car is taxed, as you said dvla said til 1/1/14 that must be confusing... 6 month tax would mean august, year would mean February as you said the dealer left a notice of getting tax to you... Either they took tax disc out to reclaim it and reissue with your money u paid. Which dont make sense at all.

What i'll say back...

Ok £20 a day up to getting the tax disc plus full refund of tax disc cost (1 year cost)

Please tell me why in details is it taking ages to get the tax disc to me?

Now explain this to me, DVLA stated the car is taxed up to 01/01/2014, i bought the car from you in feb (state date, time) and u was told you get the tax for the car the day car came, so why is it DVLA said car already taxed and you have not appointed that tax disc to the car you now possess. (Choose to add or not to this bit... It is inlegal to use tax disc appointed to my car into another car of not the regration linking at all)

Hope you sort this out today. I will like it if you can get tax disc and personally come to my house and hand it over along with cash or cheque to compensate me as per your suggestions. It will therefore save you money of further paying out each day it pass after this request!

Makes sense to me.

Any good? Hope you get this sorted bud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Humourbash View Post
    So the car is taxed, as you said dvla said til 1/1/14 that must be confusing... 6 month tax would mean august, year would mean February as you said the dealer left a notice of getting tax to you... Either they took tax disc out to reclaim it and reissue with your money u paid. Which dont make sense at all.

What i'll say back...

Ok £20 a day up to getting the tax disc plus full refund of tax disc cost (1 year cost)

Please tell me why in details is it taking ages to get the tax disc to me?

Now explain this to me, DVLA stated the car is taxed up to 01/01/2014, i bought the car from you in feb (state date, time) and u was told you get the tax for the car the day car came, so why is it DVLA said car already taxed and you have not appointed that tax disc to the car you now possess. (Choose to add or not to this bit... It is inlegal to use tax disc appointed to my car into another car of not the regration linking at all)

Hope you sort this out today. I will like it if you can get tax disc and personally come to my house and hand it over along with cash or cheque to compensate me as per your suggestions. It will therefore save you money of further paying out each day it pass after this request!

Makes sense to me.

Any good? Hope you get this sorted bud

I will email them tomorrow. It is giving me so much stress, new baby just arrived and wife is getting bonkers about it.
    It doesnt make sense why they cant get a tax disc. is it possible that when they bought a car from auction they didnt get a log book or trade supplement what ever it is?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

[QUOTE=Humourbash;2014614]So the car is taxed, as you said dvla said til 1/1/14 that must be confusing... 6 month tax would mean august, year would mean February as you said the dealer left a notice of getting tax to you... Either they took tax disc out to reclaim it and reissue with your money u paid. Which dont make sense at all.

or the tax disc was bought no by a dealer but by the previous owner? which means he would get a refund? and car would show on ANPR untaxed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Seriously I will miss my Vectra- i was fighting for it but repair cost was 2.5K and car value 2k;/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Sri Vx-line

Engine : 2.0 Cdti 160

Year : 2011

Dear nobhead salesman.

If you don't wish to meet my demands, I will pursue the matter in small claims court where you will be liable for legal costs as well as my own costs. Why should I pay for your mistake?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : SRI 150

Trim : Smart and Bad!

Engine : Z19DTH

Mileage : 105000

Quote Originally Posted by stevoxsi View Post
    Dear nobhead salesman.

If you don't wish to meet my demands, I will pursue the matter in small claims court where you will be liable for legal costs as well as my own costs. Why should I pay for your mistake?
    That'll come later, the longer it gets and when dealer start to mess you around... Threatienng this early is a mistake as they'll clam up and start to play about... Be nice and patient. Say ur patiences are wearing thinner day by day, please do me justice by ending this. :-)

CONGRATS DADDA FOR YOUR NEWBORN BABY, hope ur wife's ok, :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Humourbash View Post
    That'll come later, the longer it gets and when dealer start to mess you around... Threatienng this early is a mistake as they'll clam up and start to play about... Be nice and patient. Say ur patiences are wearing thinner day by day, please do me justice by ending this. :-)

CONGRATS DADDA FOR YOUR NEWBORN BABY, hope ur wife's ok, :-)

Thanks They are still in hospital coming out tomorrow I'm baby sitting my 2y old girl- sleeping in our bed today with high temperature... all this situation doesnt give us any favours... I'm polite but firm... wife is getting softer and she told me to accept their offer... but why should I loose over hundred of quid if I have paind over 9k for the car. They should have it sorted before they had it for sale. tought sh*** for them I will keep nagging until I will be satisfied... but I need to do it quick hired fiesta is really small for us

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information