User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hi Time for an Introduction/These cars must be driven/But be warned they can bite your pocket.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Hi Time for an Introduction/These cars must be driven/But be warned they can bite your pocket.

Hello Members

Have been following here for some time actually since last May 2012. It was around that time I purchase my Sigggy 3.0CDTI Elite 57 reg with 29K on the clock directly from a dealer as I always wanted one of these. It was one owner as well with full main dealer history still had the original Goodyear tyres on and a spare that was brand new. Don't even think anyone ever sat on the back seats.
    Week one was perfect as I was only nursing and getting use to the car. By week two errrr lack of or no power, vibration and knocking when the fan would cut in and of course the dreaded yellow spanner and car symbol. What have I let myself in for I thought. I was not too worried as luckily I had a warranty and after much phone calls and todo between the dealer and warranty company the car was booked into a garage where after a couple of days and code pulling they suspected injectors. Warranty company would not budge until they were tested and seen the report so the six were removed and sent for testing where it transpired that four of the six injectors were below par or had failed. These had to be ordered from VX so car was off road for two weeks so had to rent a car. Once these were fitted and a new fuel filter etc the car was even better than before (the cost by the way for the injectors and repair was £3045.00 borne by the warranty company), a real rocket it was, beautiful, yep errrr for a week and then errrrrrrrr heading home the following Friday on the M1 yellow spanner and could not rev pass 2000. Got to the garage who changed the injectors as I thought they may have missed something. It was getting late but the pulled the code(think it was P011 )from memory relating to SCV. Yes the feared one. Phoned dealer who sent a flat bed lorry for the car on the Monday from Lincolnshire with a new Astra turbo as a loan car (well its better than nothing). Turned out to be yes the suction control valves and another week and a half later the car was back. Since then, it has not missed a beat. Not sure what the cost was for the SCV as the dealer did the repair themselves. I only used Shell V power 99% or BP Optimum and I also regularly use Forte or Millers. I change the air element filter every two/three months. I do over 120 miles per day motor way and no issues at all. In October I had done 40, 000 miles had it serviced at Vauxhall and I asked the dealer to change the fuel filter and retain the old one for me to inspect which the did. They advised on inspection it was not needed but it was my request. The filter (pn95507489) was only mildly black a quarter of the length. Not sure how to upload photos of it as I took some pics of the filter. I have now done 54,200 miles and going in for another service tomorrow and will have the filter changed again with no further issues to date. Just changed the original tyres two weeks ago.

So my view is I believe the previous owner was an old boy who may have just pottered around town a few miles per week thereby allowing things to build up possibly not helped if cheap supermarket fuel was used. I think the additives I mentioned is also worth the outlay for what it would cost for not keeping the fuel system clean. Incidently, I had to use Tesco fuel once late last year as no shell was available. Good thing I only put £15.00 as the car instantly felt as if it was been pulled backwards, it was that noticeable. In addition because a car has full dealer service and low miles does not mean you won't have problems. These cars must be driven and the long runs helps. Once you treat them well your smile will be broad every time the power delivery is awesome. If you buy from a dealer get a warranty too. The dealer did reimburse me all my rental and out of pocket expenses.

So this should not put anyone off, because it runs superb. Each day I drive it I just love it. Recently picked up an Irmscher boot lid spoiler for less than half price from a dealer who was clearing stock and it looks excellent in jet black. Go on get yourself one and enjoy.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have just "penned" a large reply to this, lovingly crafted over the last 15 mins, then a glitch....and it's gone

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Hatchback

Trim : Elite

Engine : Y30DT

Year : 2004

Mileage : 289,000

Injectors will be the death of these beasts, I've got 200k on mine and I had 1,3 and 5 out, because of a misfire on no. 1, all were outside of leak back tolerance. However a good ultra-sonic clean seams to have sorted the misfire for now. The leak back is not showing as a problem yet, but I've been told when it becomes too bad I'll have starting problems and loss of peak power.

I did get some second hand ones from ebay, apparently from a 89K car. One was leaking fuel all the time, two were blocked and wahooo one was perfect.

However VX are asking for £799 + vat per injector and the best at the moment is £350ish else where. So the min to replace all six is gonna be around £2000. Who is going to pay that for a car with 200K (320km).
    Last edited by myveccy; 23rd March 2013 at 03:49.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Astra Twin Top

Engine : 1.9cdti

Year : 07

got any pictures of your siggy ??

think the spare is a spacesaver as you cant get anything else in a siggy

now I know why I hate deisels lol ...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra vxr

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8 v6 turbo

Year : 2008

Mileage : 31000

Ye I agree that the engine is cracker when it is running sweet! I had a misfire on my old signum but traded it in before hand which the symptoms pointed to an injector or scv. Would have one again but I'm back to a petrol ( vxr) and my running costs are about the same as my old signum v6 was. apart from the tax

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Not sure how to upload the photos you requested. Yes you are correct it is a space saver wheel that is used as a spare.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by david-bell View Post
    Ye I agree that the engine is cracker when it is running sweet! I had a misfire on my old signum but traded it in before hand which the symptoms pointed to an injector or scv. Would have one again but I'm back to a petrol ( vxr) and my running costs are about the same as my old signum v6 was. apart from the tax

Well, knock me down with a wet fish (diesel or petrol) !!!
    Your running costs are about the same with a VXR?
    Either your V6 was was as knackered as an 80 year old Lady-of-The-Night.......or I'm buying a VXR soon!

Thread Information