Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : SAAB 93 Estate, Vectra C Estate

Trim : LINEAR SE, Elite

Engine : Z19DTH, Z22YH

Year : 08,08

Quote Originally Posted by HITFACTORY1403 View Post
    A few years ago I used to use a company that ONLY did M.O.T.'s and NO repairs .

That way , any work needed done , i would have thought was genuine .

I don't know if any M.O.T. centres still work like that .

Nowadays they'd probably go bust without the money that the failure M.O.T. work brings in .
    Halfords for tools when on offer and bits and pieces at other times. Their MOT centres have a terrible reputation, check out MSE motoring forum.

I use a independent place in Slough, have been for the last 30 years, no booking required just turn up. MOT's only no repairs. And if my car fails I trust them to be honest. Vectra had it's fourth MOT week last Friday and passed as it had done the previous three times. Two advisories for engine covers top and bottom (diesel, factory fitted), when I queried it they said it was due to the fact they can't remove them to check for leaks so just covering (pardon the pun) themselves.

OP if we new your rough location maybe someone could point you to a suitable place, although I see you have already booked somewhere.
    Last edited by Inner Zone; 19th March 2013 at 12:57.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia vxr

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8 turbo

Year : 61

Mileage : 38000

Quote Originally Posted by Inner Zone View Post
    Halfords for tools when on offer and bits and pieces at other times. Their MOT centres have a terrible reputation, check out MSE motoring forum.

I use a independent place in Slough, have been for the last 30 years, no booking required just turn up. MOT's only no repairs. And if my car fails I trust them to be honest. Vectra had it's fourth MOT week last Friday and passed as it had done the previous three times. Two advisories for engine covers top and bottom (diesel, factory fitted), when I queried it they said it was due to the fact they can't remove them to check for leaks so just covering (pardon the pun) themselves.

OP if we new your rough location maybe someone could point you to a suitable place, although I see you have already booked somewhere.

it is all sorted now , i picked the car up from HG and went to pd motors in slough , been going there with mine and my sons car no problems , and i can have a chat about cars while im there . good news it passed , just 2 advisories 1 the sill covers ( same as you , just covering themselves) , and a small bit off surface rust on a brake pipe , just clean and grease it he said .

ive never had any work done there as i use a vx mechanic with over 20 years in burnham garage to do my car .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information