User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Z30DT - engine performance sometimes flat (DTUK green fitted)

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winsford, Cheshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Z30DT - engine performance sometimes flat (DTUK green fitted)

    Hi all,
    I've got a 2006 Z30DT 184PS with just under 60k on the clocks. It has just had a full service including fuel treatment. Always run on Shell diesel (std, not vpower).

    I have recently fitted a DTUK green box and the performance is way, way better about 90% of the time, but then the other 10% or so the turbo still comes on boost, it still pulls but it can best be described as flat (not hesitant). Almost as through the tuning box has been turned off.

    I can normally overcome this by simply switching off the engine and re-starting again, then it becomes lively again.

    I'm not really familiar with what to check or clean on this particular engine, are there any sensors or valves that are worth checking and cleaning?

    This was an issue this morning when safely overtaking a car, and my car failed to deliver the performance I expected so I was alongside for longer than I wanted to be.

    Thanks in advance guys.

    ps I have the tuning box set to "A" at the moment, after going through settings 7, 8 and 9.

  2. #2
    Regular Member nutron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Central England
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vauxhall

    Trim : very

    Engine : Z19DTH

    Year : Nosey

    Default

    A would be 10 then, which is quite high and the ECU might be unhappy with the discrepency between pump indicated output and common rail pressure, resulting in it reverting to using the pump indicated output values. Best thing to do is turn it down a bit I'm afraid.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winsford, Cheshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nutron View Post
    A would be 10 then, which is quite high and the ECU might be unhappy with the discrepency between pump indicated output and common rail pressure, resulting in it reverting to using the pump indicated output values. Best thing to do is turn it down a bit I'm afraid.
    OK I think I understand, thanks for your guidance. I think the tuning box can go up to letter F so its got another 5 clicks before full power.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Critch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    wirral
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : vauxhall vivaro

    Trim : Basic

    Engine : 1.9

    Year : 2004

    Default

    Turn box down and try again.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. dtuk red or green
    By marc vectra sri in forum Diesel Engine related
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28th November 2012, 10:33
  2. dtuk green or red box ????
    By paulf in forum Diesel Engine related
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23rd August 2012, 08:59
  3. For Sale: DTUK Green Box Z30DT
    By LeeU in forum Parts for sale
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26th September 2011, 16:11
  4. Whats the difference between dtuk green and dtuk red?????
    By srinav in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30th August 2011, 10:04
  5. DTUK Green
    By Joeblack in forum Diesel Engine related
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 1st May 2008, 23:03

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •