Thread: Extended Warranty

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Extended Warranty

I was at the vauxhall dealership in glasgow today, its a network Q/arnold clark place.
    Looking at new warranties for my 02 veccy. I went to the service desk and was offered an Arnold Clark Autocare warranty @ £395 for 2 years.

Then I went to the salesman in the showroom who offered me a Network Q GUARANTEE. note he emphasised the guarantee. also @ £395 for 2 years.

I'm buying the warranty because the original expired in july. and i can feel a suspension problem coming on, and also the heater seems to be playing up (dont fancy a dodgy heater for an unforgiving scottish winter.)

But anyway the thing is I'm really confused. The salesmen tried to pressure sell me the network Q guarantee which has kinda put me off. Whats the difference between these two, has anybody had to buy a new warranty yet and also would i be better off buying a third party warranty ???

HELP !!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Don't know what the difference is but Vauxhall charge an additional £425 per year for extended Sureguard warranty. I know the network Q guarantee on my used 52 Vectra C covered all the standard warranty issues but also included an MOT guarantee. Worth checking them both out and comparing features.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : GSI

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 2003

I recently bought a car from a network Q dealer and benefited from the 1 year Network Q guarantee and Network Q assistance, but i received some documentation through the post saying i could extend this warranty for an additional year for £250.00. I have until Thursday to decide whether or not to buy it, before the offer experies.

Any opinions??

Russ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I will be extending my warranty from March as I will hit 60,000 miles. But I will only trust the Vauxhall Sureguard warranty as it offers pretty much the same benefit of the original warranty.

Most 'after market' warranties are not worth the paper they are written on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My car was registered in Jan 2004, do you think that is why vauxhall are offering me the option to extend the Network Q Warranty, rather than a 'sureguard warranty' I looked on the vx website and could only find the 'sureguard' warranty as an after market one, but its seems to be for vehicles that are older than 3 years or have higher milage.??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by v6boy
    My car was registered in Jan 2004, do you think that is why vauxhall are offering me the option to extend the Network Q Warranty, rather than a 'sureguard warranty' I looked on the vx website and could only find the 'sureguard' warranty as an after market one, but its seems to be for vehicles that are older than 3 years or have higher milage.??
    Hi mate. I'm a bit confused by this. My car was registered in March 2004 and I bought it in November 2004. I'm pretty certain that the original 3 years warranty that the car was sold with lasts until March 2007 (so yours should last until Jan 2007) unless you hit 60,000. All you have to do is have it serviced at the Vx dealer on the anniversary of it's registration each year. When I got mine serviced March they confirmed the warranty and gave me another years breakdown cover (the card under the tax disc). So you shouldn't need to buy one at all ..............??, cheers Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ok, car registered in Jan 2004, i bought from a Network Q Dealer on 05/08/05. Therefore i received from 05/08/05 a 12mth Network Q Guarantee and Network Q assistance, i was told that this 'topped up' the Manufactuer's warranty because the 2nd and 3rd years don't cover you for all that much (as to what exactly they cover i do not know) So the literature i received from Network Q is to extend the Network Q Guarantee and Assistance for a further 12mths from 05/08/06 - 05/08/07.

Hope there not trying to rip me off. Does anyone know how much cover you actual get in tears 2 and 3 of the original manufactuer's warranty??

Russ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

right suj876, if you need a warranty, get the network q 1 deffo, I'm from glasgow as well, and the reports are that the arnold clark warranty isnt worth the paper its printed on and any time you make a claim they tell you the fault isnt covered by their warranty.

in addition we've just got a Vectra from the paisley arnold clark and the boot was filthy, wrong service book, no spare key, etc. so I'm not impressed with them at the moment.

other 3 cars we've had from various arnold clarks have been fine tho.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cool

Russ, the warranty in years 2 and 3 is exactly the same as year 1. It's the breakdown cover that's less good but looked good enough to me.

In fact I've just remembered my brother broke down in his Vectra B estate a couple of years ago in the outside lane of Hanger Lane in rush hour (he was spotted and reported by the flying eye on Capital for causing chaos). Anyway his auto gearbox had completely failed and his car was 3 weeks out of the 3 year warranty. When he went to his dealer they said that as he'd had it serviced properly and it only had 30000 miles they would ask Vx for a contribution. Vx offered to pay £1400 and my brothers contribution was £70. Not a bad warranty.

Cheers Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'll get on the phone to them tomorrow and ask them what the crack is, why are they offering me a warranty on a car that is already covered by a vx manufactuer's warranty.

I'll post what they reply.

Watch this space

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information