Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : SRI

Engine : 1900

Year : 2007

Mileage : 180000

confused Car might be written off

I have had my vectra since christmas and within the last 2 weeks have spent endless amounts of money fixing my car.

2 weeks ago i had to buy a new rear wheel hub because 3 of the wheel bolts sheared off in the hub. 2 days ago i was driving at 60 mph and was 3 miles from my home when my front drivers side wheel came off and my car slide for 700 yards, my wheel rolled another 1 mile from where my car stopped. This has damaged my front bumper, side wing, alloy wheel and tyre are damaged and Im not sure about how much damage to the underside of the car is either. Upon looking at the wheel hub the bolts had sheared off in the wheel hub, I have recentky bought some new wheel bolts from ebay for my aftermarket alloys that i got with the car, they are tuner bolts.

Im not sure what to do or who to contact about this as its not the first time in 2 weeks that the bolts have sheared off, so should i contact the company on ebay and say its there fault and the bolts are rubbish and get the costs of all the damage off them or do i contact the guy i bought the car off and blame him for the damage. Reason I say about him is because i have been told the alloys don't sit perfectly on the hub and there is a gap so it could be the alloys at fault.

I am busy claiming on my insurance but feel i should maybe sue someone for this damage caused but who do I sue and how do I go about it?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

thats not good mate sorry to hear that try trading standards people

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elgance

Engine : 2.0 Turbo

Year : 2004

Mileage : 106000

Sorry to hear this mate! Problem is you buy at risk! If wheels didnt sit right icwould have got them changed immediately! If the bolts sheered previously there is something way wrong to start with! 1 bolt maybe but 3 then another set. You could contact the company an get ebay involved and trading standards! The worrying thing is how many cars could be out there with potientially killer bolts! The guy you baughtvthe car from sold you tbe car with them wheels i dont think can be held responsible as you continued to usecthem after first 3 sheared, i hope your insurance pays out as if they find that the wheels are not meant for your car they might not

just trying to help you prepare for worste case but i hope you get it all sorted and if you have slid that far chances are car will bebbadly damaged! My partner is going through something similer same hub 3 wheel bearings and last week the wheel still attatched to the drum with captive nut came off so her car is ****ed! I am trying to contact manufacturer of wheel bearing but i think she will be left with nothing!

Thread Information