User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There was an accident on the way to work this morning.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra SRi 150 Hatch

Trim : SRi

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : 2008

Mileage : 69'000

Default There was an accident on the way to work this morning.

Well I was driving to work this morning and I came across an accident which must of happened moments before I got there, the road is a country lane wide enough to get 2 cars past each other, the road does have white lines down the centre but its a squeeze in places.

The car was a mk4 golf driven by a young lady, she some how clipped a wall out side a house and spun in the road, the car will be a right off as the front end was totally wrecked. This particular area seems to be an accident black spot as there's been at 3 crashes here this year already.

Luckily the driver was ok, just very hysterical and was getting out of the car when I stopped, I got her to sit in the back of my car until the ambulance and police turned up. I know this is not always the best move but I thought it was better than her walking around the road in her state + it was much warmer in my car lol.

By now traffic is starting to build up, a car and a van driver stopped, the rest just squeezed through the already narrow gap and drove on! After ringing the ladies fella on her mobile and assuring him she was ok I began to direct traffic as the ambulance had turned up which completely blocked the road off, fortunately I keep a high-vis vest in the boot 'just incase' and I needed it as cars where everywhere!

Eventually the police turned up but left me to slow down traffic and direct it, after nearly 30 minutes of this I asked a WPC if she could park her car with the blues on further up the road to slow traffic down as I was starting to feel a little unsafe, a few cars had already skidded to a stop now.. The WPC agreed although I have no idea why I needed to ask in the first place!

I understand the lady is ok, her leg was sore from banging it and her face was a little sore from the air bag and wearing glasses but it would seem she was lucky.

I eventually got to work over an hour late, the thing is I was late getting up this morning which is very very unlike me, so could it be fate I was late getting up making me 10 minutes later leaving for work and therefore being there to help lol?!

Anyway I thought I would share my story, and my disappointment with the police, I think they could of been a little better if I'm honest, the ambulance guys were spot on and thanked me too.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well done lad, not many would care to anything. A credit to you.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : SRi XP

Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

Year : 2006

Mileage : 90k

Good effort on your part mate! Not many people would stop and help someone these days! So credit to you!

Good thing no one was seriously hurt too!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Where was this, I had a young lady in a Golf overtake me like a loony and then overtook a 40 ton truck/trailer on a bend. Around 8am

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

This was on the North Walsham road between North Walsham and Bacton at around 7.45am, I wouldn't of thought she would of been able to over take a 40 footer along there though so probably a different driver..

Cheers for the positive replies chaps, I can't understand why people would not stop in a situation like that!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elgance

Engine : 2.0 Turbo

Year : 2004

Mileage : 106000

Well done mate! Its good to hear there are still ppl who care about the welfare of others, i would have done and have done in th past. There are too many ppl who woul just drive past, Great job bud youve done u proud!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The girl who overtook the lorry was on a narrow section of the A1101 near Welney/Littleport so a different part of the county.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra 1.8 SRi

Engine : Z18XE

Year : 2004

Sounds like you did the right thing, good on you. I am surprised that the police left you drecting traffic to be honest. That's not a reflection on you but I would have thought they would have taken more control of the situation. Anyway well done fella.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yeah that's why I'm not too impressed with the police, there was 2 cars and 3 officers yet I was left to slow traffic down on a 60mph country road at the time when everyone was on their way to work! Even when the WPC eventually moved her car to slow traffic I hung around as I wasn't sure if I needed to give any details, after 10 minutes or so I got the opportunity to ask the WPC if I could continue on my way to work as I wasn't sure if I needed to give details and she just said, 'yeah you can go' its one less car down here' no thanks or anything, I thought to myself no worries for doing your job for you! And then I left.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Design

Engine : 2.0T

good on you! My Mrs was hit by a Yank on the wrong side of the road a couple of weeks ago, thankfully no one was seriously hurt although both cars were destroyed. A "good samaritan" like yourself stopped to help with that one as well so I can say from experience that your efforts will have been apprieciated by the driver and her loved ones. The cops didn't even show up to our one at all, their basic response was "is anyone hurt? no? well we're too busy then". I don't actually blame them though, I think they're probably just understaffed in our area.

I did have a very similar experience to yours once when I was first on scene at a crash (actually it happened directly in front of me, such that after my emergency stop I was actually between the cars involved!). I too had a couple of hi-vis in my boot which I lent to two other drivers who stopped to help so that they could safely direct traffic. The cops took their time arriving and when they did just left the civvies looking after the traffic, then once they'd taken statements from the two drivers and me as a witness they said "OK, you're free to go", to which I replied "thats fine, but those two guys are wearing my hi-vi jackets!", at which point the police finally took over the traffic control.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information