User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Heater, wheel bearings..........Apologies for strange format, I copied, pasted and ******** it up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : Basic

Engine : 1.9

Year : 2005

Default Heater, wheel bearings..........Apologies for strange format, I copied, pasted and ******** it up.

1. 2005 CDTI Estate.

2. I bought it several months ago. Despite high milage (just over 175,000) it runs very nicely but amoung other things that didn't fully work when I bought the car the heater fan only worked on setting 4. No problem with heat, now as nasty weather is closing in it's packed in completly, no sound of a motor running. Before this the fan-motor ran smoothly. I've read I should check the fuses and a drive arm off the motor. The only fuseboard I can find is behind a panel at the back of the car on the left but there's no chart showing which fuse does what.

3. I've also read that a common fault is a broken tooth on a gear wheel driven by a motor. Put the temperature control-wheel to maximum heat and there's a short quiet whear, put it maximum cool and there's kind of short crunching noise like gear teath disengaging.

4. Can anyone please advise me how to check things or ideally, if there's anyone not too far from Brechin who could see what's needed and give an idea of cost? I'd pay for their time.

5. One rear brake is binding badly, both rear discs are badly worn. One rear wheel bearing needs to be replaced.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 1.9 Cdti Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : z19 DTH

Year : 2006

Mileage : 160000

Quote Originally Posted by combwork View Post
    1. 2005 CDTI Estate.
    3. I bought it several months ago. Despite high milage (just over 175,000) it runs very nicely but amoung other things that didn't fully work when I bought the car the heater fan only worked on setting 4.
    No problem with heat, now as nasty weather is closing in it's packed in completly, no sound of a motor running. Before this the fan-motor ran smoothly. I've read I should check the fuses and a drive arm off the motor. The only fuseboard I can find is behind a panel at the back of the car on the left but there's no chart showing which fuse does what.
    5. I've also read that a common fault is a broken tooth on a gear wheel driven by a motor. Put the temperature control-wheel to maximum heat and there's a short quiet whear, put it maximum cool and there's kind of short crunching noise like gear teeth disengaging.
    7. Can anyone please advise me how to check things or ideally, if there's anyone not too far from Brechin who could see what's needed and give an idea of cost? I'd pay for their time.
    9. One rear brake is binding badly, both rear discs are badly worn. One rear wheel bearing needs to be replaced.

hopefully that looks better mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hopefully that looks better mate.

Thank you sir. I'll grant you it looks different; some number of digits though.

Vectra Estate. Why do people get attached to the things? The load space is 2 inches narrower than a Mondeo. Not a lot but makes a heck of a difference when trying to load a Welsh Dresser. I guess the answer is build quality. They are superb and can run go all day and all night at 70 with 5 people plus luggage with the ability to run a lot faster if you want to.

I don't know what they do with the performance mods I've read about but I'm still stuck with the basic problems of replacing wheel bearings, discs, pads and getting the heater to produce hot air at the time of year when it matters, not just sit there and sulk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hello Burnswood.

Sorry about that, the following was meant as a joke; not a very good one but I'd just finished work.

Thank you sir. I'll grant you it looks different; some number of digits though

The fuseboard has lost its cover and a number of sockets are empty. I've no idea what's been going on but once I've tested all fuses I might have some ideas.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Thread Information