0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Sri Vx-line

Engine : 2.0 Cdti 160

Year : 2011

If you don't fill the road, every idiot and his dog will try to squeeze by. A mate of mine had his handlebar clipped by a squeezer and ended up going down the road on his face. The scooter is taxed and insured and his every right to be where he wants.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Surely in the interests of self preservation, is it not better to be 'to the left'? Yes the Jag is in the wrong, I know this junction well and the original design was dual lane. Shortly after this is chevroned into single lane to feed onto a dual carriageway, but is not driving or riding defensively the better part of discretion? You cannot police idiots of which the Jag driver is right up there.

If I was riding I certainly would NOT be on the right hand side of the tarmac join - which is where this rider was
    https://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=53.745...280.47,,0,0.28

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Sri Vx-line

Engine : 2.0 Cdti 160

Year : 2011

That's exactly where I'd of been. On the join! Discouraging car drivers to squeeze is defensive in my opinion. I know it's annoying but he wants to be on the right to join the main road up ahead, and it's a single track road.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'd sooner be alive myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The idiot Jag driver would probably have done the same to a car. The scooter rider was in the correct lane, in a safe road riding position, had indicated to show his intended movements and did appropriate safety shoulder checks and was progressing at a reasonable speed.

If the jag driver had shunted into the back of him and not just clipped him, who's fault would it have been??

I would have held the same road position, it wouldnt matter if I was in a car, on a motor bike or in a lorry. The Jag driver was harrassing the bike rider.

It is an Open and Shut case ma'Lord, ther lies the case for the prosecution of an ignorant, arrogant car driver.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra SRi

Trim : XP1

Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

Year : 2007

Mileage : 66000

Quote Originally Posted by chewy71 View Post
    I agree, Jag driver completely in the wrong.

however, the scooter is travelling so far from the kerb it is rude. The road is more than wide enough for the car to pass safely if the scooter was not sailing in the middle of such a wide road. The road is clearly two lanes wide as an HGV passes the two vehicles parked up.

Whether the car was speeding or not, I think the chap on the scooter would help himself if he paid a little attention to his road position in mind of keeping himself safe (nothing about his legal positioning) - even though he is right, it's a silly argument if you are dead.

At 29 seconds in you can see a tarmac join in the lane which is over to the right hand side of the lane, at 31 seconds you can see the moped rider look over his right shoulder and move over to the right of the tarmac join - this must put him 4m at least from the kerb - in the very next moment the Jag passes - foolishly and dangerously.

If an HGV can pass the jag parked while the Jag scrapes the scooter, then how far over was he?

two wrongs don't make a right and I think both parties are just as stupid.
    Agree with this totally.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Opel Vectra GTS

Trim : Elegance

Engine : 2.2 DTi 16V

Year : 2003

Mileage : 75 000

Actually, it's not suprizing the moped had drifted to the right in the kerb.

Hey, it's a moped, it's kerb, and the road was obviously wet !

Any responsible driver should be able to foresee the path it would follow in a kerb.

Honestly, I won't even try to overtake a bike in a narrow kerb like that. You HAVE to leave enough distance to overtake a bike, and it's almost impossible in such a situation where the slippery road forces the bike to drift an unpredictable amount - but you perfectly know it will drift.

Overtaking there is just dangerous and completely irresponsible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elgance

Engine : 2.0 Turbo

Year : 2004

Mileage : 106000

I wanted to hitvthat **** in the Jag. H i a driving instructor/examiner with advance licence and he dont nake mistakes!. I am an HGV driver an he was without a doubt 100% WRONG! I would destroy that idiot life! Go to DSA an report him! Get a goo lawyer and make the police take action! My blood is boiling at the stupidity of him an trying to push the blam on to.the scooter driver! Dam write rediculous!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Opel Vectra GTS

Trim : Elegance

Engine : 2.2 DTi 16V

Year : 2003

Mileage : 75 000

Quote Originally Posted by stevoxsi View Post
    If you don't fill the road, every idiot and his dog will try to squeeze by. A mate of mine had his handlebar clipped by a squeezer and ended up going down the road on his face. The scooter is taxed and insured and his every right to be where he wants.
    I admit slow bikes using all the width often upset car drivers, but I understand they're getting so often harmed that they want to preserve themselves from bullies.

Even if the bike is stuck to the side of the road, I always allow a lot of space when overtaking (the law says 1 yard, BTW), and this implies there's no opposite traffic at the same time. Not only it's elementary courtesy and safe driving, it's also THE LAW.

Clipping by bestial drivers unfortunetely happens too often.

My daughter had her ankle clipped on a bridge by a bully in a large 4WD pickup slipping between her and the opposite incoming traffic. She fell down and the guy just fled away without even slowing down. When I said it's the far west, here, I wasn't kidding...

After that, she used to ride much further from the edges...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Coming home last night, someone just drfited out and nearly side swiped me. Car drivers really need to pay attention. He was the typical pulling onto a duel carriageway and then instantly needed to be in the outside lane. He obviously saw the car infront of me and then didnt bother re-checking his mirror. After a long blast on the horn, he went back in faster then he came out. Maybe I should have knocked his mirror off for good measure.

And before it is said, I was only doing 60 mph on a 70 mph road, as the speed limit had just changed and the cars obviously take longer to accelerate then a bike. I also ride with headlights on and wear a Sam Brown. So I was very visible, but only if they look.

When you ride a motorbike, you do a shoulder check or a life saver, car drivers just tend to rely on their mirrors, and forget they have blind spots.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information