User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Inlet Manifold

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Signum

    Trim : Design

    Engine : 1.9 CDTi

    Year : 2006

    Default Inlet Manifold

    Fellow grease monkeys.

    Just a bit of advice really. Im going to be doing my inlet manifold at the weekend as the fudgin swirl flaps went last week. Anyway here goes....

    1) Should I replace the EGR gaskets
    2) Do the fuel lines depressurise once the ignition is off
    3) Does the fuel pump NEED to come off

    I think thats it for now. Any other useful tips would be greatly appreciated and if I think of anything else in the meantime I'll just fire away.

    Thanks in advance to all

  2. #2
    Regular Member Ozyboyross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sprowston, Norwich
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra C

    Trim : SRi XP

    Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

    Year : 2006

    Mileage : 90k

    Default

    Took my mechanic 7 hours to do mine and I picked it up today!

    1) I did (for a more restrictive fiat gasket)
    2) not sure i didn't ask him
    3) on mine he removed the pump and the cambelt and possibly more

    He told me it was a pig of a job! There's a how to on here also!

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Signum

    Trim : Design

    Engine : 1.9 CDTi

    Year : 2006

    Default

    Yeh iv found the how to.... Its really good.

    So you replaced yours with more a more restrictive gasket? Whats the purpose of this? Out of interest how much did your guy charge you for the fix? I hope it wasnt anywhere near the £800 VX wanted to do it?

  4. #4
    Regular Member Ozyboyross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sprowston, Norwich
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra C

    Trim : SRi XP

    Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

    Year : 2006

    Mileage : 90k

    Default

    I supplied the parts and he charged me £180 labour but that includes some exhaust welding and other bits too!

    The fiat gasket is I'm hoping stopping too much **** going into my new manifold until I get it mapped out!

  5. #5
    Regular Member C-Owner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South London
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James_P View Post
    Fellow grease monkeys.

    Just a bit of advice really. Im going to be doing my inlet manifold at the weekend as the fudgin swirl flaps went last week. Anyway here goes....

    1) Should I replace the EGR gaskets
    2) Do the fuel lines depressurise once the ignition is off
    3) Does the fuel pump NEED to come off

    I think thats it for now. Any other useful tips would be greatly appreciated and if I think of anything else in the meantime I'll just fire away.

    Thanks in advance to all
    Its an okay job just lots to do and of course replacing all those parts soon mounts up ££££

    This video give you an idea what's involved.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7kMp87_Xjo

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Signum

    Trim : Design

    Engine : 1.9 CDTi

    Year : 2006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Owner View Post
    Its an okay job just lots to do and of course replacing all those parts soon mounts up ££££

    This video give you an idea what's involved.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7kMp87_Xjo
    Hah iv watched that a few times now. Thanks all the same. Im going to get my old lad to help me out.

    I think ill replace the gaskets. They're only £5 for the both. Im just worried that the actuator has gone too.

    Ill let you know how its goes.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    You will know if the actuator is ok by checking if swirl no3 is still moving with the bar off... imo you would be well advised to blank & map the egr out altogether if you intend on keeping the car for any length of time, even the new manifolds have failed whether the fiat gasket has been fitted or not.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Ozyboyross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sprowston, Norwich
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra C

    Trim : SRi XP

    Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

    Year : 2006

    Mileage : 90k

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dh.dti View Post
    You will know if the actuator is ok by checking if swirl no3 is still moving with the bar off... imo you would be well advised to blank & map the egr out altogether if you intend on keeping the car for any length of time, even the new manifolds have failed whether the fiat gasket has been fitted or not.
    I agree with that! I've fitted a fiat gasket as a temp measure till its mapped out!

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Signum

    Trim : Design

    Engine : 1.9 CDTi

    Year : 2006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyboyross View Post
    I agree with that! I've fitted a fiat gasket as a temp measure till its mapped out!
    So in terms of efficiency, power, and cost of replacing an EGR, why would you map it out?

  10. #10
    Regular Member Ozyboyross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sprowston, Norwich
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra C

    Trim : SRi XP

    Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

    Year : 2006

    Mileage : 90k

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James_P View Post

    So in terms of efficiency, power, and cost of replacing an EGR, why would you map it out?
    Because its only purpose is to save emissions.... And in doing so it fills your inlet with soot and ****!

    Having just fitted a new manifold I don't fancy another big bill if it breaks again!

    That's my reasons for mapping it out anyway!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. inlet manifold
    By suggs1971 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 4th March 2010, 22:25
  2. inlet manifold
    By suggs1971 in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28th February 2010, 02:03
  3. Inlet manifold/oil
    By the-wizard in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 3rd November 2009, 19:11
  4. egr and inlet manifold
    By iasha in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16th March 2009, 12:58

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •