1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi (VXR Styling)

Engine : Z19DTH (Re-mapped)

Year : 04

Mileage : 140k

Default DLA vs PIP?

What are your thoughts? Will it effect anyone off here?

Im very much a fence sitter on this as I can see both sides, especially with the mobility payments and cars etc...

Anyone watch the C4 "Britain on benefits"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra SRi

Trim : XP1

Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

Year : 2007

Mileage : 66000

Ignore me!
    Last edited by Dan_BlackSRi; 25th February 2013 at 22:01.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Could open up a can of worms Lee!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

I'm very suspicious of any changes by the Government. I got changed from Income Support to Incapacity to the new EESA one, in the process of which Wendy got deleted off the system, they agreed with medication causing 15 minute pee breaks, more if I get stressed or BP changes, plus not being able to walk far, stand up or sit down for long and multiple GP visits weekly, I was probably unemployable.
    This week I got a letter stating "as I had volunteered for work, could I contact the support team for retraining, placements, and work experience".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Golf 7

Trim : GTD

Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

Mileage : 40000

As per usual the ones who have problems due to ill health and limitations in mobility will suffer. It is always stacked in favour for the useless lazy ones - they will reap from this as they always do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : SXi

Engine : 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy1954 View Post
    I'm very suspicious of any changes by the Government. I got changed from Income Support to Incapacity to the new EESA one, in the process of which Wendy got deleted off the system, they agreed with medication causing 15 minute pee breaks, more if I get stressed or BP changes, plus not being able to walk far, stand up or sit down for long and multiple GP visits weekly, I was probably unemployable.
    This week I got a letter stating "as I had volunteered for work, could I contact the support team for retraining, placements, and work experience".
    I think they have a plan for you, stick you in a wheel chair motorised of course and you can tinkle over the plants to keep them growing in the summer :-)

I don't understand how it works to be honest how can you have someone like you who clearly in unemployable yet my old friend claims a bad back gets disability benefit plays football and golf every week and is a lazy sod

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi (VXR Styling)

Engine : Z19DTH (Re-mapped)

Year : 04

Mileage : 140k

Ha, Yeah wasn't trying to cause a can of worms Andy, but I've read several posts in the last year about DLA so know it will effect people here in different ways...

I have no one really close to me it would effect so its easy to fence sit, but I do know people like above, missus brother gets full DLA due to being an ex druggie and now an Alchi, 35 and never worked!, can work like... But I also know people who can barely walk unaided and recently 2 Fibromalaglia sufferers? If that's how you spell it?...

As for me I'm very active in the gym 4/5 days a week and only work a 35 hour week, I'd much rather have my life then how people would describe DLA! I.e, grafting, but fit as a fiddle and in no pain then need that payment, if you get where I'm coming from...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by leemarksmith View Post
    Ha, Yeah wasn't trying to cause a can of worms Andy, but I've read several posts in the last year about DLA so know it will effect people here in different ways...

I have no one really close to me it would effect so its easy to fence sit, but I do know people like above, missus brother gets full DLA due to being an ex druggie and now an Alchi, 35 and never worked!, can work like... But I also know people who can barely walk unaided and recently 2 Fibromalaglia sufferers? If that's how you spell it?...

As for me I'm very active in the gym 4/5 days a week and only work a 35 hour week, I'd much rather have my life then how people would describe DLA! I.e, grafting, but fit as a fiddle and in no pain then need that payment, if you get where I'm coming from...
    Without doubt mate. I would much rather have a decent standard of life for my other half than ,
    For example a car for example!
    Think the problem has been highlighted by the wave rider above. His mate is taking the **** but is probably getting every benefit he can because he knows how to play the system.
    Tbh i think it stinks that people with a disability are treated like they are,through no fault of their own are they in this position but are made to feel like the lowest of the low and are tagd with a label at every opportunity.

My wife is desperate to work but is on immune system modifying drugs and is ill every week from something or another ,combine that with the fact that she can not walk unaided then even getting to work would be a task in itself.

Now tbh we get no other benefits other than dla and the gov can go and *** them selves if they are going to stop it cause she is unemployed. I will just keep supporting her as i have done for the two years previous that it took us to be able to claim the dla

Cause of my earnings and the fact that she has paid full stamp and always worked she is not entitled to any thing else. So only those who have not done. Never will. Get the benefits.

Others are not entitled in my experience

Sorry for the rant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I agree i get DLA and it is the only way i can afford car and to run it. Yes the ones that need it most will be effected and lazy ******'s will not

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Mileage : 1200

Quote Originally Posted by leemarksmith View Post

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm in fairly constant low level pain even overnight so don't sleep well. Tried to kick a football for the dogs in the back garden two days ago, 10 mins and knees been giving me gyp since. Painkillers not touching it. I'd love to be fit again and free of pain.
    They could stop the majority of it with two artificial knees, but won't as I'm too young and would wear more than one set out, so it's two naproxen, 6 co dydramol and 2 - 4 dihydracodiens a day plus a cocktail of other pills to keep me from completely seizing up till I get old enough to either not want to go far or forget where I wanted to go. Yes, of course I want to be on benefits, what's not to like?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information