Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Sri 100 Edition

Engine : 2.0 Turbo

Year : 2004

Default Dump Valve - Turbo - Remap

Having recently just got my 2.0T 100 edition, I am starting to look at modding

I've just fitted a K&N Appollo enclosed filter. I was able to use most of the original inlet pipe work so retained the stock look to a degree. It doesn't give off too much growl, slightly disappointing, but I don't want to jeopardise heat soak with noise so it will stay as it is. How ever it has made the turbo sound rather nice, which IMO is better than induction noise.

Now I want more turbo noise so thinking about getting a dumpy, had one on a previous car before which I really liked. Not an atmospheric one though, they're a bit chav for me. A record is better for the engine, performance, and sounds better.

I've got the opportunity of getting a dumpy and pipework off a VXR Astra 06. Would this fit my 04 Vec? What engine # is in my year car? Z20net??

Does anybody know how to get more turbo whistle/chatter from the stock turbo?

whilst I'm on here writing I may aswell ask my next question anyways... Remaps. Now I've been looking, an I either spend 500-600 on a BRS or a Maptun, or 200 on a company that will come to work and do it. All saying they will give the same gains. What people's view. Can't lie, I am strapped ATM having just had my first baby, makes me lean more towards the latter option. This is the company - customtuning.co.uk - anyone experience these before? Any ideas? Whilst I like the thought of goin up stages, I don't think I'll ever afford to get to stage 3 - 5 before the life of my car, or before I get bored(which I do quickly with cars!) and sell. Based on that I don't know if it's worth me getting the more expensive maps/devices??

Thanks for your thoughts!

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I carnt help you with turbo whistle or the best mapping company etc but if your thinking of a dump valve, imo theres not a chav sounding one or a less chav sounding one. ..you either have one or you dont. Regardless to what ppl think !!! I have one fitted to my cdti that's how much I love the sound .alough most say they don't like it I cudbt give a f*** !!! If u like dump valves get one fitted..I never get bored off mine. ..just the old ppl tht do anyhewww good luck with the rest of the tuning

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sorry, original post should say RECIRC dump valve preferred, not a 'record' one.... ****** iPhone!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I don't know much about non-standard dumpvalves, but I do know that the Vectra's Z20NET engine has nothing in common with the Astra's engine, so don't assume that anything off the Astra will necessarily fit the Z20NET. The NET is a Saab engine, all-aluminium and chain driven, whereas the Astra's engine is a GM one, iron-block, belt-driven and so old that it traces its history back thru two and a half decades to the likes of the Cavalier's C20XE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hmmm looking into for a while, would appear that a dump is not a good idea on this engine... I'll can that.

if anyone has any views on the tuning company mentioned would like to hear them.

Thread Information