Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : BMW 520D Touring

Trim : M Sport Business

Engine : 2.0 d

Year : 2010

Default Will snow foam work on my car?

I'm thinking of buying a Snow Foam lance (Karcher pressure washer) to help wash the car and also have a bit of fun.
    The worry I have is that I had my car ceramic coated when I bought it and I'm wondering if the foam will stick to the car long enough to do anything or will it just run off on contact and be pointless.

Anyone had any experience with this and what is the best foam to use?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Astra gtc vxr

Engine : 2.0 turbo

Year : 2014

Tbh mate I can't see it being a problem,the thing about snow foam IMO is that its a bit of a gimmick in that people think its some sort of miracle car cleaning thing,its basically a presoak before you wash the car proper,it does not remove all the dirt prior too washing,it jousts softens it up a bit,you still need to wash the car after applying,two bucket method of course lol,I'm sure ill get slated for my comments but they are based on my findings so I stand by them

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The karcher attachment I prefer to call a soap dispenser as it definetly doesn't create snow foam like a proper lance from autoroute for example would.

Also the ceramic coating you got on the car when you bought is a commission making con when bought from a car trader/dealer. The kit costs about £30 and they charge you around £200 for it most of the time it's no better than the regular polish they would have used giving it a regular valet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : BMW 520D Touring

Trim : M Sport Business

Engine : 2.0 d

Year : 2010

Going to order this on monday as the postcode checker for delivery says I'm on the Isle of Wight and they want !4.99 for delivery
    http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/ind...nce-kit-1.html
    The Williams ceramic coating was chucked in and has a 5 year guarantee so not too fussed how long it lasts. Still beading very well and all water is just sheeting off as soon as it touches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Honda Civic

Trim : ES with Honda Image and City Packs

Engine : 1.8 iVtec

Year : 2009

Mileage : 85000

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Tbh mate I can't see it being a problem,the thing about snow foam IMO is that its a bit of a gimmick in that people think its some sort of miracle car cleaning thing,its basically a presoak before you wash the car proper,it does not remove all the dirt prior too washing,it jousts softens it up a bit,you still need to wash the car after applying,two bucket method of course lol,I'm sure ill get slated for my comments but they are based on my findings so I stand by them
    I dont think snowfoam is a gimmick, it does exactly as you've described, its a prewash that softens and loosens dirt which is then removed with the PW. What it does is lessen the chances of imparting scratches and swirl mark to the paintwork when you hand wash. Its at this time of the year that SF really comes into its own imo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Astra gtc vxr

Engine : 2.0 turbo

Year : 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Das View Post
    I dont think snowfoam is a gimmick, it does exactly as you've described, its a prewash that softens and loosens dirt which is then removed with the PW. What it does is lessen the chances of imparting scratches and swirl mark to the paintwork when you hand wash. Its at this time of the year that SF really comes into its own imo.
    I'd agree mate but as I said earlier ,people seem to think that you snow foam the car and that's it washed! It's only the beginning lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by pompey-pimp View Post
    Going to order this on monday as the postcode checker for delivery says I'm on the Isle of Wight and they want !4.99 for delivery
    http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/ind...nce-kit-1.html
    The Williams ceramic coating was chucked in and has a 5 year guarantee so not too fussed how long it lasts. Still beading very well and all water is just sheeting off as soon as it touches.
    Ah if it's thrown in can't complain. The snow foam lance from autobrite will do the trick along with some of there snow foam. An inch in the bottle filled with hot water and you'll be off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : GSI

Trim : (vxr/irmy)

Engine : 3.2 v6

Year : 2004

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    I'd agree mate but as I said earlier ,people seem to think that you snow foam the car and that's it washed! It's only the beginning lol
    I always snow foam rinse with jet wash then snow foam again then jet wash and then two bucked method then jet wash again then dry lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra cdti estate

Trim : Get a

Engine : Dirty diesel

Year : 2006

@pogo snow foam is as you put it mate, it's nothing but a pre-wash, it's just nice for it to get into the nooks and crannies to loosen the dirt you cant get to with a mitt...
    @pompey-pimp if a car has a good wax on it the foam will sit on the panels for less time as the wax will do it's job and repel it, even magi foam (that i love) sit's for less than 5 mins on a propperly protected car even though it says it last's for upto 20 mins !!!

i always add a bit of shampoo to the foam in the lance thicken it up more too just in case

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Year : 06

I use snow foam but saying that I havnt for a while and need to get the da out on the body work. reason I don't use it is the amount of time it takes to clear the path drive and road if ya don't clear it which I once did it was still there 2 days later lol. I use magifoam and well with my car having a good wax on it ot just repels in minutes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information