Thread: Rip-off from Mrcarmats.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Rip-off from Mrcarmats.com

Brought set of full prestige velourcar mats including the boot from Mrcarmats.com a few months ago,was happy with purchase until a few weeks ago. Mats was no-longer staying down on the clips and had to always fix them cause they would pop up. On taking them off to clean them i noticed that the driver underside ' One Piece Latex Rubber Backing reduces mat movement ' was starting to break away and wearing a hole right though the mats. After connecting the website this is what i got....

Hi Darren,

Thank you for the images, we have looked at the mat it looks to show considerable damage due to excess water which is not covered under the warranty and is not a fault with the carpet supplied. Our prestige velour carpet is the only one that is guaranteed for 3 years and the car mats which you ordered was our premium velour.

As a gesture you can order a new drivers mat at £14.80 including delivery

Thank you

Regards

Maxine
    Office: +44 (0)1527 525158
    Email: sales@needed4.com
    Web: www.mrcarmats.com

I wished i had read this link before i had brought from this site, looks like I'm not the only unhappy customers who have been ripped off by those cowboys...

http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/mrcarmats.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : Z20NET

Year : 04

Sale of goods act? Not fit for purpose? How "excessive" can gettting into the car with water on your shoes be? They're car mats ffs, if it's bleaching down with snow or rain you're not going to pause to take your shoes off before getting into the car are you?And why would you pay £14 for something that will inevitably happen again?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

This is whst I got back from my email....

Hello Mr Holmes,

Your email has been passed to myself for me to aid in clarification. The mat set you purchased was the middle range Premium Velour and not the Prestige range. The mat set you purchased also included the Boot Mat and that is why the price is more, the price you indentify in your email is for a Car Mat only set.

The back of the mat clearly shows water damage ( the white residue mark and the lighter backing colour) water damage to a mat set occurs in a few ways, the most common are, the mat set having been washed with a power washer, hose or washing machine. A lot of valeting companies do like to power wash car mats but this will ruin any make and brand of mats whether genuine or not.
    The second most common cause of water damage is from snow, caused by people not removing clumps of excess snow on the feet before entering the vehicle. The average shoe will hold in excess of a cup of water from snow, this means if snow is not removed you are depositing the equivalent of 2 cups of water on to each passenger mat each time the vehicle is entered.

Your mats are without doubt water damaged, whether this be intentional or accidental it is not a case of normal wear and tear. Our gesture offer of a discounted chargeable replacement still stands and is available.

If you believe your mats are not subject to water damage we do advise that you take a copy of this email to your local Trading Standards Office or Citizens Advise Bureau and see what they advise. But the evidence of water damage is there

If I can assist further or provide further information please let me know

Kind Regards

Colin Blake

N4 Car Mat Manufacturing
    Unit 43 Heming Road
    Washford Industrial Estate
    Redditch
    Worcs
    B98 0DP

Cramlington Northumberland, V6 Jaguar S-type Sport
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar S-Type V6

Trim : Sport

Engine : Petrol

Year : 2003

What a Joke.....You must have bought the summer mats....! I would take them up on the offer and get TS involved. Let them know your intentions. Use words like Not fit for purpose. Quote the sale of goods act 1979, the goods are not of a standard that any reasonable person would expect. Ask them what course of action they are willing to take to rectify the situation within a reasonable time. Ts will advise you sent a letter with the above with purchase details....Price, date etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Is it worry all the hassle??? Just going to buy a set from ebay of vauxhall. JUst wanted to warn other vectra users of this rip off of a site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Astra gtc vxr

Engine : 2.0 turbo

Year : 2014

Unfortunately poor customer service is too common these days mate,tbh cheap car matts are just exactly that,cheap ****e,for something like that I'd always go for genuine matts as quality is spot on but at least you have given fellow members a heads up about this company.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Astra-J

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTi

Year : 2013

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    tbh cheap car matts are just exactly that,cheap ****e.

The ones I got from www.ValueCarMats.com for £11.84 delivered backin Nov 2012 have a white line on the rear of the drivers mat since all the snow, wet weather. They've not fallen apart (yet), but in the previous 5 years when I had the genuine velour mats from Vauxhall, there was never a white tide mark on the back of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Never had a problem with genuine GM ones, they cost more but they last.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ones i brought from Mr car mats wasn't the cheap ones. Think they cost me something like £55 for the full set for them to last not even 8 months.

Thread Information