Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Sxi

Engine : 2.2 dti

Year : 2002

Default 3wheel bearings, 1 wheel, 1year

That's what my car has had or is going to get once the third bearing arrives and gets fitted.
    Last April the front drivers side bearing went, and as the genuine vx one was quite dear I opted for the cheaper eBay ones, that's where I went wrong.
    had the first one in 2 weeks and it was shot, steering very vague, no noise though. The car felt so unstable I had to pull over and check I had tightened up the wheel nuts, that's when I found MASSISVE amounts of play in the new bearing. I contacted the eBay firm who were basically a bunch of sh*ts from the start even though I was polite about the matter.

To keep my car on the road I had to buy a second one from them, then swap them and send the faulty one back as they didn't believe me that it was knackered, about a month went by and I hadn't heard from them so I called them up and surprise surprise, it had got lost in the post.......convenient.

The second bearing felt bad after a few weeks but I just kinda let it slide, until today 10 months later when I had her in for a mot and guess what she failed on..... That flipping bearing. The tester asked if it was making any noise prior, I said no. He said it was seriously worn out, rattling around like mad he said. I have now ordered a third Bearing from a local firm, a piece dearer but decent quality.

Now, what would you do about the first firm, anything or just forget about it?
    seems unacceptable they can pull stuff like this. Probably wouldn't annoy me so much if they were apologetic first time but they just couldn't give a toss really.

There name azcarpartswakefield.....AVOID

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.6T SIDI Petrol

Year : 2014

have heard such things about those guys.. after reading on here i bought FAG replacement for mine, the gen bearing that came off the car was a FAG as well so am happy so far..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Glad i just under ordered a genuine part after being warned off the aftermarket ones by someone on here (i actually looked at that wakefield seller too!!!). Cost me £65 + delivery from some vx main dealer on ebay (12 month guarantee and a vx invoice if it fails). I would get you a link, but maybe it was a freak deal (steal) as the seller doesn't have any more listed at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : CDTI 150 (Z19 DTH)

Year : 2006

Mileage : 140000

I always look at feedback ratings first before buying anything off ebay, going by their last 12 months sounds like you've been treated the same way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 1.8vvt

Trim : SRi

Engine : 1.8xer

Year : 2008

Mileage : 20,000

Hello Woody, with bearings i always try to buy good decent stuff,unfortunately a lot of parts off evil-bay are rubbish--buy cheap==buy twice as they say.go for genuine parts if you can,give a few dealers a call-you might get a surprise with the price-----Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had same issue with cheaper fleabay units.. ended up getting a vx one in the end..one thing you can do to keep cost down but get a decent part its to get a gen vx secondhand one from a breakers(with known mileage).. I've had 2 rear bearings(vx ones) from a breakers at 25 quid each and had no issues with them.

Regular Member woody in shetland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

That's her passed today and the garage didn't charge me for a re'set. Pretty good of them I thought.

Regular Member woody in shetland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I was going to leave this issue as it was but a guy from work was saying that he would think the bearings would have a 12 month manufactures warranty, so I thought it might be worth a shot, basically this lot are a bunch of cnuts. They claim the item is not there ebay item number...what a joke, I copy'd and pasted the number of my eBay archive, did it three times to be sure I hadn't missed any numbers out, also I have pay pal proof and a bank statement for the second bearing which was bought over the phone with my card as I needed the second ASAP, on top of them basically washing there hands of it they claimed all in bold capitals "They could guarantee there was some mechanical fault causing the bearing to wear out prematurely, and it didn't matter how many I fitted they would all go the same way" w*nkers so I thought no! There not getting off that easy and opened a dispute with eBay, I ended up chatting live to an eBay administrator, ended up he said you only have 45 days to make a dispute as eBay feel that's long enough, so I asked how does that work with a 12month warranty, he never answered that one and just gave me a government number for advise, So it seems a 12 month warranty is pointless if you can't do nothing about it after 45 days, looks like they have got away with it. The eBay guy reckoned if I phoned them they might refund or work something out, I don't think so as we tried that first time around and they were on the defensive straight away and basically a bit rude about it too.
    Sucks big time...that they can pull this s*it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I always buy my bearing through proper bearing company and always stick to branded names like skf koyo fag etc, there are lots of fake bearings out there so buyer beware

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i can only echo the advice on here, with some things you can buy cheap and get away with it, but tyres, bearings anything safety related be careful. ebay can be a great place but do your homework first

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information