Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default 1.9 CDTi 150+ vs 2.0T Vectra ??

Dear all,

Have a Caterman special on my 150 CTDi Vec Est so probably is pushing out c185 bhp and 280 lbs/ft now. Performance is adequate/good when on the move and right gear etc, however was wondering how this compared to a 2.0T in standard tune ?

The diesel torque is good, however economy is reasonable (not excellent) and the refinement is just about acceptable. The diesel is noisy and clattery, particularly when setting off, and performance is sluggish below 1500 rpm.

I've come from a 2.2 petrol in a Vec B Est and miss the low down torque of the engine, wide powerband etc - obviously mpg was lower c32 vs the 42 mpg of the CDTi.

Has anyone any experience of the 2.0T vs the diesel ?

I am after, refinement, driveability, power and torque, and reliability comparisons, and mpg etc in real world driving - I've read the brochure etc and can see the paper differences.

After 6 weeks of ownership I'm seriously considering making a change - but need help !!

Don't want to make a costly error - will try and take a test drive of a 2.0T when one comes up locally to me.

Thanks,

Steve

spoons

Nope, not here....

I came from a 2.2 petrol to the 1.9 CDTi

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Me neither, came from a 2.2 Direct also. Never been in a 2.0T.
    You need to have a word with Duncan...........just mention BSR . Then I think you will be happy
    Get your name down...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Personally dump the tuning box and get a remap on the car. Hellva lot more driveable. Most places will install a map and do a 14 day if you're not happy policy full refund etc.

The diesel will provide you when stomping around everywhere around 36mpg approximately when remapped. The 2.0T will be 22-24mpg.

42mpg is good IMO out of a diesel?

If you arn't bothered about economy as much and don't mind anything from 15mpg to 30mpg I would go with the V6 3.2. Ticks all the boxes in a better way that the 2.0T IMO.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I came from a 2.0T to a 1.9CDTi 150..... I'd never go back.

The 2.0T was excellent.... smooth power band, loads of torque and more reponsive in the mid range than a 3.2V6.

The CDTi has a similar amount of grunt, and the only noticable difference in accelleration etc is the slight turbo lag that the 2.0T didn't have..... the huge difference is on economy..... I would get 320 miles out of a tank in the 2.0T, the CDTi is giving me 590-620 miles per tank for the same journeys/driving style.

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

A 1.9 CDTi with any tuning box fitted will out perform a standard 2.0T. But once the 2.0T is remapped there's no competition. A mapped 2.0T is defo quicker than a boxed 1.9 CDTi. I've driven Duncan's car and it pulled like a train whilst still being very driveable.

I also had a head to head drag race at Santa Pod with MarkSparks (I think that's his name) and he beat me by just under half a second on the quarter mile.

If mpg isn't required, I'd go for the 3.2 V6 or if the wallet allows a 2.8T V6. Given my choice of car again I'd go for a 3.0 V6 CDTi but my annual mileage dictates a diesel.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Never seen 22 - 24 mpg in my 2.0T ..... its more like 28 - 32.
    Best ive seen on a longer trip is 42.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by CDTi View Post
    The 2.0T will be 22-24mpg.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechWolf View Post
    Never seen 22 - 24 mpg in my 2.0T ..... its more like 28 - 32.
    Same here. 22-24 certainly isn't an average for that engine. I have seen 22-24mpg in my remapped 2.0T, but that's been due to having been doing constant town driving over the course of a tankful. Normal average is 27/28mpg with 32mpg on a good run.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechWolf View Post
    Best ive seen on a longer trip is 42.
    I've never seen above 40mpg!! I'm jealous! Although saying that, I don't think I've ever done a manual mpg calculation on this car - always just gone by the computer. Although I'd still be surprised if I was getting much higher than the computer is saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJA View Post
    A 1.9 CDTi with any tuning box fitted will out perform a standard 2.0T. But once the 2.0T is remapped there's no competition. A mapped 2.0T is defo quicker than a boxed 1.9 CDTi. I've driven Duncan's car and it pulled like a train whilst still being very driveable.
    Yep, I'd agree with that Alex. A boxed 1.9 CDTi will outperform a standard 2.0T, but as you say, remap the 2.0T and it's a different kettle of fish.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJA View Post
    If mpg isn't required, I'd go for the 3.2 V6 or if the wallet allows a 2.8T V6. Given my choice of car again I'd go for a 3.0 V6 CDTi but my annual mileage dictates a diesel.
    Yep, again I couldn't argue with that. If economy is not an issue then the 3.2V6 and 2.8T (especially) will give you a lot of fun. A remapped 2.0T BTW is very close in performance to a 3.2V6 with the 2.8T having the edge over those. Stick a remap in the 2.8T and it's 285bhp and tata to any of the other engines in the range!

As people have said, it's really down to whether you want some economy, or out and out performance and what will suit your driving requirements etc.

D

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : very

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : Nosey

A remaped 1.9CDTI will have less pull before the turbo kicks in than a boxed one. So if that's your biggest grip then a remap won't help. 42mpg is not impressive but with a tuning box on and heavy acceleration, you'll not get much more.

For best economy you need to drive the 1.9cdti below the turbo kick in, at 1500rpm or below. As you say though, down there you are driving a non turbo 1.9 diesel which won't scare anybody.

I did when I first got the 1.9CDTI, feel that it suffered teribly from turbo lag compared to the 2.0DTI Vectra B I moved from; I got used to it quickly though and adapted my driving to match.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i have come out of a astra 1.9cdti 150 it had a tuning box from dtuk on it and it when well, lots of torque but it still didnt, from my point of view anyway, seem as good as a petrol car. i two had looked at getting a 2.0t vectra but with the 3.2 gsi having the same group f tax and only slightly better fuel econmy with a lot less power, and there is also the trim level of the gsi over the sri, i disided to go from the 3.2 gsi, and as i drive a transit van all day, my one is an auto, which in steptronic mode is very very good.
    i get 28 mpg on the trip computer but have got 33mpg on a long trip which was a plesent surpise.

it would be interseing to see how good the 3.0cdti is though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information