StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Approved Repairers

Quick question guys.

Following the Accident yesterday I've had a quote from the Local dealer to have it repaired. (The other party are insisting on insurance route. No No Claims to lose and her car needs repairing too.)

Her insurer is telling me that the local Vauxhall dealer is not on their approved list of repairers and are trying to palm me off with a local body shop.

Can I insist that the car goes to the local Vauxhall dealer?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ask your insurance company who yhey recommend because you are paying them not the third parties insurers, if the vx dealer is not on your insurers list, ask for a list and then ask your vx dealer if he can reccomend any of the names you have been given, dont take orders from the third parties insurers, tell your insurer to sort it out, because that is what you are paying them for. hth

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by skippyroo View Post
    ask your insurance company who yhey recommend because you are paying them not the third parties insurers, if the vx dealer is not on your insurers list, ask for a list and then ask your vx dealer if he can reccomend any of the names you have been given, dont take orders from the third parties insurers, tell your insurer to sort it out, because that is what you are paying them for. hth

Thanks for that.

The complication is that her insurers and mine both use the same accident management company. It's these guys who are saying no to VX as an approved insurer.

I'm stunned that I cannot take a 9 month old VX to a VX dealer to have it repaired.

edit. BTW This same firm have lost no time in telling me the symptoms of whiplash and how they will get worse over the next few days...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stevel View Post
    Her insurer is telling me that the local Vauxhall dealer is not on their approved list of repairers and are trying to palm me off with a local body shop.

Can I insist that the car goes to the local Vauxhall dealer?
    Yes, you can insist it goes anywhere of your choosing. They don't need to be on any Approved Repairer list.

D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    Yes, you can insist it goes anywhere of your choosing. They don't need to be on any Approved Repairer list.

D
    Thanks Duncan.

I thought that was the case.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had an incident when a young lady ran into the back of my prelude, no one hurt, but my insurer at the time told me that their approved repairer was a fraud dealer?!? so fraud inspected the car and said they would call me when the parts arrived, but there was a waiting list for insurance repairs lasting a good few months. so i called my insurer and said i was not happy, because i didnt feel i could run my car which had not too much damage but broken paintwork through the winter months, they mentioned a second garage, i went and spoke to them and they said they would request the parts from the fraud dealer and would i like the use of this rover, they even apologised that they had not had a chance to wash it, due to it just coming back that day, a week later igot my prelude back, the beginning of october, FRAUD PHONED ME TO TELL ME THEY HAD A SPOT OPEN FOR MY REPAIRS, IN JANUARY.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skippyroo View Post
    i had an incident when a young lady ran into the back of my prelude, no one hurt, but my insurer at the time told me that their approved repairer was a fraud dealer?!? so fraud inspected the car and said they would call me when the parts arrived, but there was a waiting list for insurance repairs lasting a good few months. so i called my insurer and said i was not happy, because i didnt feel i could run my car which had not too much damage but broken paintwork through the winter months, they mentioned a second garage, i went and spoke to them and they said they would request the parts from the fraud dealer and would i like the use of this rover, they even apologised that they had not had a chance to wash it, due to it just coming back that day, a week later igot my prelude back, the beginning of october, FRAUD PHONED ME TO TELL ME THEY HAD A SPOT OPEN FOR MY REPAIRS, IN JANUARY.
    The missus Vec B went to a Ford Dealer following a front on smash. The car was Rio Verde. (Metalic green)

I spotted it on the transporter making it's way back and managed to flag the guy down. They had sprayed the bonnet a completely different shade of flat green.

Lookers ain't gonna be all beer and skittles. Gonna have to do a lot of shouting probably, but at least they may actually manage to spray it the right colour.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As Duncan says you can specify where you want your car to be repaired ... When my car was reveresed into they tried to palm me off with some generic garage in Bolton ... I stated that in order to maintain my Vauxhall Anti-Perforation Warranty I had to have my car repaired by a Vauxhall Approved repair agent ... I got a quote, they agreed, commisioned the garage I chose to do the work and sent a peugeot 307 National Rent-a-car Hire car to the garage for me

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My car was repaiered at my approved reparier (Lookers) at the bodyshop in Deeside after our crash.

Our mgmt company was / is Albany Assisance, through Elephant. Direct Line, (3rd party) would also have sent it to Lookers...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ukanalyst View Post
    As Duncan says you can specify where you want your car to be repaired ... When my car was reveresed into they tried to palm me off with some generic garage in Bolton ... I stated that in order to maintain my Vauxhall Anti-Perforation Warranty I had to have my car repaired by a Vauxhall Approved repair agent ... I got a quote, they agreed, commisioned the garage I chose to do the work and sent a peugeot 307 National Rent-a-car Hire car to the garage for me

Dave
    TBH it's my own fault for going for the cheapest insurance I could find. Every number I rang tonight (My insurance/Broker/Her insurance Broker/Customer services lead to the accident management numpties.

When I quoted the paint warranty mularkey she had a word with her team leader who must have been on roller skates as he mysteriously left the building when I asked to speak to him.

Oh and in amongst all the cra*p turns put she has not reported the accident to her insurer yet.
    Last edited by Stevel; 24th January 2007 at 22:00.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information