User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smoking in Taxi's

spoons

Default Smoking in Taxi's

I just heard on the radio, that when the smoking ban comes into force later this year... it will be illegal for Taxi owners to smoke, or allow passengers to smoke in their vehicles.... ever !!

So if you own a taxi, and take the wife and kids out for the weekend.. no smoking inside the car...

If a passenger lights up a cigerette in the car whilst driving... the driver has to stop the car. Ask for them to put it out or stop the fayre right there, and throw them out !!!

EDIT: So if the taxi driver lights up a cigarette whilst your in the back, can you throw him out...?

Opinions....

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Totally agree. I hate smoking! If I put myself into a smokey room or situation then that's my fault/decision. But to be forced into a smokey environment is wrong in my book.

spoons

Quote Originally Posted by AJA View Post
    Totally agree. I hate smoking! If I put myself into a smokey room or situation then that's my fault/decision. But to be forced into a smokey environment is wrong in my book.
    Hear Hear, I actually HATE smoking as well. Never smoked, and never intend to..

What surprised me about the taxi issue was.... how are they going to inforce this ???

I can just imagine punch-ups at the roadside.... Punters refusing to take the next taxi in line... etc etc..

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It'll end up in punters reporting taxi's for stinking of smoke until people get the message.

spoons

Coolio... cant wait... No more getting home from an evening out smelling of cigs !!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

From an ex-smoker who used to do 60+ a day it will be nice. Just like Ireland

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The difference up here is amazing, as you say you get home, not smelling of fags, taxi`s are claen, stations smoke free etc etc, best thing they have done for a long time .

A taxi operator in aberdeen bought a caravan and parked it outside his office, as he isn`t allowed to smoke in his office now. He then put a bit in the paper inviting any of his "freinds" who wanted to drop in for a chat & smoke along *lol* Council said he was doing nothing wrong so there it sits for the staff / drivers ...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

In South Tyneside us taxi drivers are not allowed to smoke in the car with passengers anyway but at the moment if you want to you can smoke in the car when you're alone. I have been sat on a rank where the driver in front of me has been smoking (no passengers in car) and people have walked past him and got into my car, when I said that they had to get in the first car on the rank the reply I got was "but he is smoking" anyway i took them but then got **** from the other drivers about picking up when i wasn't first car to which i simply said that the passengers wouldnt get in a smokey car so tough.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i am a smoker, but in general i agree with the decision to ban smoking in public places, because, to be honest, even i cant stand the smell of someone elses smoke and i absolutely detest trying to have a nice meal, only to have it interrupted by wafting smoke from another table. even going for a beer, if i want to have a smoke then i have to go outside, fair enough, its my choice to smoke, why should others have to put up with me

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by skippyroo View Post
    i am a smoker, but in general i agree with the decision to ban smoking in public places, because, to be honest, even i cant stand the smell of someone elses smoke and i absolutely detest trying to have a nice meal, only to have it interrupted by wafting smoke from another table. even going for a beer, if i want to have a smoke then i have to go outside, fair enough, its my choice to smoke, why should others have to put up with me
    Ditto, I smoke aswell even at work if we are seen to smoke or anybody reports us for smoking in our cabs (HGV driver) we get sacked.

I dont smoke in the house and none of my mates or family do so, we have a smoke at the back door because I hate the smell of smoke in the house.

I think the smoking ban here in Scotland was the best thing they could have done, but I also have a family member who owns a snooker club/pub and they have been affected with this ban, ie the old men who would come in every day and sit at the same table with his mates for a hour or 2 who also smoked and have their half and half pint. They dont come in now.

Just my thoughts, but as I said being a smoker I would never put anybody in a room or car and light up as they shouldnt have to be forced to inhale my smoke.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information