User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Solved my Start-up Problem, How weird!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Prefacelift.

Trim : "Elite"

Engine : 2.0dti

Year : 2003

Mileage : 130,000

Thumbs up Solved my Start-up Problem, How weird!

Ok so i posted in my EGR valve thread that i had a problem with starting up of my 2.0 Vecky when it was cold, it would crank for ages but wouldn't turn over until like the third 10 second attempt. I had a service done before the problem arised and the fuel filter was changed so i thought maybe the washer was out or the fuel filter wasn't sealed properly... Turned out that the pressure made by the fuel pump unpressurised the fuel tank causing it to suck the fuel back in when the car was off for a longer period of time. All i did was unscrew the cap and read on the internet that when the cap is fully sealed (until it starts to rattle) it should be unscrewed a slight bit until you feel it starting to give up. That's the proper way of screwing the fuel cap.

I just wanted to share this for people who might get this type of problem as well. Surely it will save you a lot of stress

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Life 1.9CDTI 120

Year : 2005

Mileage : 146,000

I had same problem back last year, ended up drilling a 0.5mm hole (yes I know its small lol, so take care not to snap it), straight through the middle of the filler cap. No problems after that.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeyboi33 View Post
    Ok so i posted in my EGR valve thread that i had a problem with starting up of my 2.0 Vecky when it was cold, it would crank for ages but wouldn't turn over until like the third 10 second attempt. I had a service done before the problem arised and the fuel filter was changed so i thought maybe the washer was out or the fuel filter wasn't sealed properly... Turned out that the pressure made by the fuel pump unpressurised the fuel tank causing it to suck the fuel back in when the car was off for a longer period of time. All i did was unscrew the cap and read on the internet that when the cap is fully sealed (until it starts to rattle) it should be unscrewed a slight bit until you feel it starting to give up. That's the proper way of screwing the fuel cap.

I just wanted to share this for people who might get this type of problem as well. Surely it will save you a lot of stress

Thread Information