User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: couple of questions

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    leeds
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : VEC SRI CDTI 150 NOW 190

    Trim : SRI EDITION 100 INTERIOR

    Engine : DIESEL

    Year : 2008

    Mileage : 80,000

    Default couple of questions

    Hi all

    new to site but not new to vauxhalls!

    Ive now got another Black Sri 150 CDTI on an 08 plate after having a 54 plate and a 56 plate.

    This one is ex motability with 60,000 miles on and there are a couple of differences on this to the other 2 that i hope you lot can help me with.

    First, its got 215/45 R17 tyres on. i know these are cheaper than 215/50 R17 but are they ok for the car(seem ok after 2000 miles)

    second, gear knob just slid off! Whats the best glue etc to stick back on?Is it a common fault?

    Third, on start up it seems to chuck alot of smoke out. It stops after youve driven half a mile, but i cant remember the others doing it(its been 8 eight years since 54 plate and 5 years since 56 plate)

    Thanks in advance for any answers.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : SAAB 93 Estate, Vectra C Estate

    Trim : LINEAR SE, Elite

    Engine : Z19DTH, Z22YH

    Year : 08,08

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vec150 View Post
    Hi all

    new to site but not new to vauxhalls!

    Ive now got another Black Sri 150 CDTI on an 08 plate after having a 54 plate and a 56 plate.

    This one is ex motability with 60,000 miles on and there are a couple of differences on this to the other 2 that i hope you lot can help me with.

    First, its got 215/45 R17 tyres on. i know these are cheaper than 215/50 R17 but are they ok for the car(seem ok after 2000 miles)
    Did you mean 225/45 R17?

    Quote Originally Posted by vec150 View Post
    second, gear knob just slid off! Whats the best glue etc to stick back on?Is it a common fault?
    My cars came off a couple of times, just gave it a good whack, not moved since.

    Quote Originally Posted by vec150 View Post
    Third, on start up it seems to chuck alot of smoke out. It stops after youve driven half a mile, but i cant remember the others doing it(its been 8 eight years since 54 plate and 5 years since 56 plate)

    Thanks in advance for any answers.
    Not have the third issue,so can't comment.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    leeds
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : VEC SRI CDTI 150 NOW 190

    Trim : SRI EDITION 100 INTERIOR

    Engine : DIESEL

    Year : 2008

    Mileage : 80,000

    Default

    cheers

    Defo 215/45 R17 seem to be alot cheaper than 215/50 R17.

    was the last owner a tight arse or was he just a clever get?

  4. #4
    Regular Member chewy71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    hmmm,. they aint the right tyre at all. 22mm difference in overall rolling radius!.. nearly a whole inch! Way out. Your speedo will be reading incorrectly.

    gearknob just glue back on, lots on here have had this

    smoke, both mine (08 and 58 plate) smoke a bit sometimes on start up but never had any running issues. Give a service so you know it's got the right fluids and filter in.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : SAAB 93 Estate, Vectra C Estate

    Trim : LINEAR SE, Elite

    Engine : Z19DTH, Z22YH

    Year : 08,08

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vec150 View Post
    cheers

    Defo 215/45 R17 seem to be alot cheaper than 215/50 R17.

    was the last owner a tight arse or was he just a clever get?
    215/45 R17 are not listed in the owners handbook as a suitable size so defiantly dodgy. I asked about 225/45 R17 as that is the usual 215/50 R17 replacement size.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. A couple of questions.
    By Saxman in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 25th April 2012, 16:16
  2. Couple of questions
    By Pete1nlancs in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 6th September 2010, 20:14
  3. couple of questions........
    By signum03 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 26th September 2009, 14:55
  4. Couple of small mods (Pics) and a couple of questions
    By bigdan in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30th January 2009, 18:18
  5. Couple of questions
    By StephNET in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28th January 2008, 01:35

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •