Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Astra gtc vxr

Engine : 2.0 turbo

Year : 2014

Default Argh my boilers packed in!

As above our boiler spat the dummy out yesterday,it's a voters mains pressure combi, it's ok though as we have gasp
    an cover so we thought they would come out last night but no apparently no heat or hot water isn't really a priority in the middle of winter! So swmbo had to take day off work as they couldn't give us definitive time to appear,anyhow the guy turned up and we need some new parts,he didn't have them and they need to be ordered! So apparently he will be back tomorrow to fix it with new parts, no heat or hot water for two days,god you don't half miss it! Need to go to my wee mummy's for a shower now lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

We are having problems with our combi boiler at the moment too , Worcester 24i though .

The central heating and water plays take your pick with us .

Sometimes , nothing but cold radiators or water ,

sometimes , luke warm water or radiators

and sometimes very hot radiators & water .

But the radiators suddenly get much hotter , if the washing machine is on and the hot water is hotter if the heating has been previously on .

But since the snow & cold has gone , it is behaving a bit better .

Maybe it was / is struggling to cope with the freezing water coming in off the street .

It's coming upto 10 years old anyway , so it could be on it's last legs too .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia 1.8 SRi

Trim : VX Line Red

Engine : 1.8VVT

Year : 2011

Count me in too, ours is playing silly beggars as well.

It's a Worcester combi, and although the heating works fine, and the hot water downstairs is plenty hot, we can barely get lukewarm water out of the upstairs taps for some reason. I know the cold weather means it won't be quite as warm as usual, but even so, it's not usually anything like this. Thankfully it's in a service plan, so may give them a call tomorrow and see what they say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

We got British Gas out for a replacement boiler quote ONLY .

The " Professional sales person from B. G. " quoted the following ...

1) Potterton 28 , replacement boiler ,

2) Earth Spike ?????????

3) Condensor ( but British Gas will NOT lift the paving slab in the back yard , we have to do it or they charge you for a contractor )

4) Our gas pipes are wrong size ( by his eye sight he says we have 15 mm and B. G. would fully replace with 22 mm from the meter at the front of house to the back kitchen ) , but we can NOT use the present pipe positions ( through front wall under the stairs into kitchen ) ........ He insisted we go through UPSTAIRS wall , through floor boards , rip up bedroom flooring , top landing flooring and bathroom flooring and then down to the kitchen .

5) we need a mobile heater remote control , as long as it's near a radiator .

GRAND TOTAL .............. are you sitting down .

£ 3 , 511 .

But he will knock off £ 600 , right now and do it for £ 2 , 911 .

Remember , it's just to get a new boiler put on the wall .

Then he offered a gadget that fits on a pipe that makes the hot water come out even quicker , but he wanted another £ 95 .

He wasn't impressed when i said , " WHY DON'T THEY PUT IT IN THE BOILER THEN , IF IT MAKES IT BETTER ? "

He said , " Maybe because there isn't any room left " .

=======================================

Any way , my Grandma has recently had a local gas safe man put her a new combi boiler in her house and fit 7 radiators for £ 2,400 ,

So , he might be able to do just my boiler for under £ 1,500 , fingers crossed .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My c/h boiler packed in over crimbo, had new 24kw IDEAL combi boiler supplied and fitted £1200 to give you an idea.
    Old boiler was IDEAL and was put in 1989 so wanted IDEAL make. Very pleased with it so far, very quiet and quick heating, our council puts them in their houses so very reliable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Astra gtc vxr

Engine : 2.0 turbo

Year : 2014

guy came back today and "fixed" the boiler, i came home and lo and behold, its not fixed! no pressure and water dripping from the boiler ! no a happy bunny! phoned them and they cant come back till tomorrow! ive managed to get it working by topping up pressure and putting bucket under drip! not happy so take a bow for good customer service ,british gas, NOT!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia 1.8 SRi

Trim : VX Line Red

Engine : 1.8VVT

Year : 2011

Quote Originally Posted by puppet View Post
    Count me in too, ours is playing silly beggars as well.

It's a Worcester combi, and although the heating works fine, and the hot water downstairs is plenty hot, we can barely get lukewarm water out of the upstairs taps for some reason. I know the cold weather means it won't be quite as warm as usual, but even so, it's not usually anything like this. Thankfully it's in a service plan, so may give them a call tomorrow and see what they say.
    Just had the engineers out to look at ours. They spent an hour or so tinkering with it, setting various gas and water flow rates etc. End conclusion was that the heat exchanger that transfers the heat to the water needs replacing, as it is probably scaled up and partly blocked. They reckoned it was something you could probably just remove and descale, but it's easier and less time consuming to just fit a new one. Part is about £100 or so, but I'm covered under a service plan, so mo great hassle. They will be back in a few days to fit it.

Thread Information