Thread: What to do next??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default What to do next??

Had the GSI listed twice now on Ebay and although alot of interest and some silly offers it hasn't sold which has really suprised me considering the spec, all the work carried out and low miles. I beleive it was listed at a decent price taking everything into account.

What should i do next? remove some of the goodies like wheels, steering wheel, grill etc and sell seperatly or stick out and try to sell as is?

I'm not forced to sell and not in a rush but with the RS6 being collected next week i need to move the GSI on to free up garage space.

What would you do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Surprised it never sold buddy, it really is stunning. The problem you have is the MPG, fewer and fewer people want to run or can afford to run something that does 20-25MPG but i'm still surprised it hasnt sold to an enthusiast..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Saab

Trim : 9-3 Vert

Engine : 2.0

Year : 2000

Not sure what it was listed at second time, but first time it was over a grand over priced IMO. Unfortunately as I found no one wants big engines vecs and you won't get anything for extras. A decent gsi can be had for 2k and 2.8 Signums and vecs start at 3.5 (for non cop ones)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Nissan GT-R R35 Vectra XP2 CDTI

Trim : Nissan GT-R R35

Engine : 3.8 twin turbo 700hp

Year : 2010

is ebay the only place youve advertised it bud? and also modding you car for people like us is great but mr joe public might just be put off a car that has lowered suspension massive wheels etc etc do u get me?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It's a shame about your GSI mate cose it's a lovely motor but Ebay is a crap place to sell stuff, everybody want things for free, I tried twice to sell a gorgeous motorcycle and all I got were silly offers so I ended up selling it on autotrader and got a fair price for it. .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Have you tried Migweb Alan?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Surprised it never sold buddy, it really is stunning. The problem you have is the MPG, fewer and fewer people want to run or can afford to run something that does 20-25MPG but i'm still surprised it hasnt sold to an enthusiast..
    I know what your saying mate and it's all valid points,

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Not sure what it was listed at second time, but first time it was over a grand over priced IMO. Unfortunately as I found no one wants big engines vecs and you won't get anything for extras. A decent gsi can be had for 2k and 2.8 Signums and vecs start at 3.5 (for non cop ones)
    I think your off the mark mate with being overpriced, regardless of mods it's a low mileage mint example with an extensive service history and the timing belt changed less that 1k miles. You buy cheap you get cheap and you end up spending on it anyway to get to the standard mine is. Without being big headed i believe you wont find another in the country like it and that's why it justifies the higher asking price and not your usual 2-2.5k GSI. But thanks for your opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by chrisvectra View Post
    is ebay the only place youve advertised it bud? and also modding you car for people like us is great but mr joe public might just be put off a car that has lowered suspension massive wheels etc etc do u get me?
    It was only Ebay i had it advertised, was also thinking Autotrader as seems to get a better type of audiance. Great points and some i've thought of that's why thinking of returning to standard.

Quote Originally Posted by azacbr6 View Post
    It's a shame about your GSI mate cose it's a lovely motor but Ebay is a crap place to sell stuff, everybody want things for free, I tried twice to sell a gorgeous motorcycle and all I got were silly offers so I ended up selling it on autotrader and got a fair price for it. .
    Yeah you hit the nail on the head, forgot how bad Ebay was for selling. Just seems to encourage the usual crowd wanting something for nothing. Did you find Autotrader better for selling?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Have you tried Migweb Alan?
    No Steve, not a member or even visited the site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Astra gtc vxr

Engine : 2.0 turbo

Year : 2014

Is definitely a stunning car mate and IMO its one of the very best available,but as ziggy says you can buy a facelift v6 turbo for roughly the same money,I know as I have one myself and its quicker and much more tuneable than the 3.2 na engine of your Gsi, you need too find someone that really wants a Gsi like yours,these cars are cheap because running costs are huge and for instance modern turbo diesels are capable of huge performance but cheaper tax,fuel economy etc,so thrifty buyers are buying these cars instead,not me mind you ill stick with my gas guzzling v6 turbo auto until such times as it becomes totally un feasible to run lol,btw I'm sure it will sell but maybe just not reach the money you want, I reckon return it to standard and sell the good bits ,I'm sure you'll be surprised how much money you recoup by doing this,then sell the car as standard and accept a lesser offer, but make up difference in parts sales,hope this makes sense as I've had a couple of beers lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I sold my bike about 5/6 years ago on autotrader and was lucky to get a local lad to buy it, but to be fair nowadays there are a lot of scammers and time wasters as well and it is a bit of a lottery wether you gonna sell or not. Have you tried Gumtree? no fees to pay and nothing to lose, might as well put it on their website and see how it goes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information