Thread: Catch 22

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Catch 22

Just need a little bit of advice. I have a Vectra design 1.9 120 break and just before christmas, the waterpump packed in. I took it to my local garage to get the whole cambelt fittet including the waterpump. Got the car back and all was fine. 5 weeks later I could hear a strange rattling noise coming from the engine bay. Very worried i took it back to the garage and asked them to have a look at it for me. After a day the garage called me to advise that there is nothing to be concerned about as they have checked everything, and all seemed fine. I picked up the car again and for the folowing week it was running ok. Yet again this noise appeared and i decided to ask a friend of mine to look at it for me as I have
    lost confidance in the garage that did the job. Today he called me to advise that it seems like they have put the tentioner on wrong. As a result this caused all the bearings in the altenator to shatter. Also the belt was chaffing against the belt cover, damaging the belt. In a nutshell i need to get this whole lot done again. I have no confedence at all to take this back to the garage to put right. I am going to ask my friend to do the job for me. But what do I do about the garage who has walked away with 320 of my pounds with nothing to show for it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra cdti estate

Trim : Get a

Engine : Dirty diesel

Year : 2006

tell them you have had an indipendant garage/mech look at it and the work is shoddy, give them one last chance to sort it out and if they say no get in touch with trading standards and see what they say, shoddy work is not on and it's going to cost you again so they should foot the bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I wouldn't take it back to that garage, I'd go straight to trading standards, the car has been to them twice and still they couldn't diagnose their own mistakes, I wouldn't trust them to empty the ashtray. Get in touch with trading standards and tell them what happenned, and say you have no confidence in them sorting the problem, hopefully you will get your money back.

Thread Information