User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Opinions please - am opening a small datacentre

  1. #1
    Regular Member Munkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Opinions please - am opening a small datacentre

    I am looking to open a small data centre (hosting centre) focused on backup(disaster recovery), PC back up, hosting for websites, email hosting, rack space & custom servers initially. If anyone has any ideas on other services they would like to see from a DC suggestions will be greatly appreciated. For info, the DC will only be 10 racks to start with, but the main plus points are it will be running on a true power redundancy - the site is supplied by two separate power grids, I live less than 4 miles from site - so remote 24/7 hands are available. Pricing wise - I will be undercutting everyone out there. I am still in the build stage, but have the domains, dedicated line, hardware and a key site in the history of all things technical Not planning on shamelessly promoting just yet. Just doing some more customer research.

  2. #2
    Admin & Merchandise Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Devon
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : insignia

    Trim : irmscher

    Engine : 2.0 cdti

    Year : 2009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Munkey View Post
    I am looking to open a small data centre (hosting centre) focused on backup(disaster recovery), PC back up, hosting for websites, email hosting, rack space & custom servers initially. If anyone has any ideas on other services they would like to see from a DC suggestions will be greatly appreciated. For info, the DC will only be 10 racks to start with, but the main plus points are it will be running on a true power redundancy - the site is supplied by two separate power grids, I live less than 4 miles from site - so remote 24/7 hands are available. Pricing wise - I will be undercutting everyone out there. I am still in the build stage, but have the domains, dedicated line, hardware and a key site in the history of all things technical Not planning on shamelessly promoting just yet. Just doing some more customer research.
    Should hope not only approved traders can advertise.

    Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

    MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

  3. #3
    Regular Member Munkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    Should hope not only approved traders can advertise.
    Quite - was planning on asking once everything is up and running as will offer a discount to members, but that's all about 90 days off

  4. #4
    Regular Member dannyjpuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    northumberland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    We have here at work ups battries very handy is theres a power cut

  5. #5
    Regular Member Munkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannyjpuk View Post
    We have here at work ups battries very handy is theres a power cut
    Apologies, should have said each rack has its own ups - probably never going to be used as the onsite power auto switched from grid a to b if there is a problem, or any irregularity in power supply. So triple redundant really - cannot justify a big generator onsite for 10 racks at the moment...

  6. #6
    Administrator Big-Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Home or in the Gym
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Audi Q7

    Trim : S-Line Plus 245

    Engine : 3.0 TDV6

    Year : 2013

    Mileage : 3023

    Default

    just curious, where is the DC located? I currently use a DC in Maidstone for the co-location of two Dell R410 servers I bought to run a couple of my sites..

  7. #7
    Regular Member Munkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big-Pete View Post
    just curious, where is the DC located? I currently use a DC in Maidstone for the co-location of two Dell R410 servers I bought to run a couple of my sites..
    It's being put together in Bletchley, Milton Keynes. Am in the Bletchley Science and Innovation centre (where they have Colossus and the Harwell Dekatron). Also is the site for decoding the Enigma Machine in WWII (station X) - I chose the site because of the tech history there & it was built to survive a direct attack in WWII.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Door not opening
    By sproket in forum Bodywork & Interior
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29th June 2012, 08:36
  2. Opening the key fob?!
    By robk6112 in forum Troubleshooting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13th June 2011, 21:32
  3. Boot Opening
    By dc6839 in forum Bodywork & Interior
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 26th January 2011, 20:46
  4. Opening Windows with key fob.
    By VinnyPeewee in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24th September 2008, 22:07

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •