I didn't think it was worth driving all the way up to the Pod, with the weather the way it is a the moment. So after a little sulk , I decided to amuse my self in another fasion.
I got myself a cheap mushroom filter and varying sized pipes and I set about re-modifying my air box.
I replaced the straightening section from the top of the box, which, has stoped the ecu complaining at high rpm. I left the trumpet out of the bottom though. I already have two cold air feeds into the bottom of the box, so I needed to think of something different.
I came up with the idear of using the box as a collector and feeding it with already filtered air from multiple cold air fed filters. The idea was sound so far as I could see but for one flaw, I could only find suitable space for one additional filter in the engine bay (just behind the engine).
So I came up with a plan B (not including all the other mods I have tried), to keep the box with the two cold air feeds into the panel filter but add another feed to the top of the box (pre-filtered air).
To cut a long story short, I did a bit of cutting and GRPing, used alot of tape to ensure no leaks occured despite the tight fits and there it was.
It's hard to tell if it has made a big difference, it is unlikely to have made noticable gains in BHP even if it were the best induction kit in the world. Still, it was dry tonight and the Toyo 888s were spinning away every time I put my foot down; even when I was in gear and just put my foot down at 35mph in 2nd the tyres wouldn't hold it .