Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Servicing

Hi guys, long time no speak, but anyway, my dads Vectra is due for a service in about 7K.

Currently its on 65K miles, and is a 2005 '54' 2.0 DTI diesel its been serviced by the vauxhall dealership at 25K and 49K miles. Reason for the high mileage being the car is used as a taxi, and the only reason its been serviced by vauxhall and not a cheaper independent was to maintain the warranty while the cars mileage was still under 60K, as its now over that and the warranty is obviously out of issue due to this, its going to be serviced at a cheaper indepedent, or my work (I work for Arnold Clark Citroen linwood) obviously at staff rate, not only that we do a "32 point service" for £69 which still covers changing air, pollen and oil filters, fresh oil, coolant and screenwash top ups, etc. Infact, it may even go to the Vauxhall dealership it was bought from and had all its previous service/repairs done at again (which coincidentally happens to be my works vauxhall branch next door to my work) but will again only be getting the 32point service if it goes there.

my issue is this, as my work being a citroen garage wont have vaux software, nor will an independent garage and vauxhall wont use it for a non official vaux service how do we go about getting rid of the service spanner icon in the rev counter display (one that comes on every time the car is started if it needs serviced)???
    Last edited by Hendry; 20th January 2007 at 17:33. Reason: typo

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

really easily

sit in the car, hold down the speedo trip reset button, press the brake pedal down, and turn the ignition till the lights come on.. hold it all down till the display in the speedo resets..

job done

I'd get it serviced elsewhere as well...that isn't a bad rate at yours..

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Spanner icon isn't the service indicator Hendry - it means there's a fault....

Engine electronics, transmission electronics, diesel fuel filter

Fault in engine electronics or transmission electronics. Electronics switch to emergency running programme, fuel consumption may increase and driveability of the vehicle may be impaired - see page 156. Fault in immobiliser system - see pag e 51. Contact a workshop immediately. We recommend your Vauxhall Authorised Repairer.
    If it illuminates with diesel engines Y/Z 19 DT,Y/Z 19 DTH: Contact a workshop immediately. We recommend your Vauxhall Authorised Repairer.

Edit: Just remembered the service indicator also has a spanner! Is it a car outline with spanner (fault) or an oilcan with a wrench over it (service).

D

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

cheers boss, will try that when it gets serviced.

aye our own brand servicing is a really good deal, obviously with being a franchise genuine parts are still used even if its for example a vauxhall getting serviced at 1 of our citroen branches, etc.

quite weird actually because obviously theres the fixed price servicing for cars still under manufacturers warranty/under 3 year old, which can obviously carry on as mileage services even when the cars old, then we do a vauxhall major service for cars over 3year old for £99 quid which is a set list of items replaced/inspected regardless of car make/model, then our own brand £69 one which is the same as the vaux £99 service only cheaper

Duncan - tbh I cant remember, deffo a spanner in it as said, and its not in the rev counter at the moment, it only appeared last night when I turned the car off and pressed the trip reset button and a spanner with "7000" under it appeared in the rev counter box

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Hendry View Post
    Duncan - tbh I cant remember, deffo a spanner in it as said, and its not in the rev counter at the moment, it only appeared last night when I turned the car off and pressed the trip reset button and a spanner with "7000" under it appeared in the rev counter box
    that means you've got 7000 till the car needs the service then....

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Are there any symtoms? does she run sluggish?

Thread Information