0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

Default Parking fine, advice?

Ok. Went to Shrewsbury to the Games Workshop ...shop yesterday, they had previously told me they "thought" (yes, I know that's not legally binding) it was ok to park outside (Market street, heading into Shoplatch, if you know the area) if I had a Blue Badge.
    Pulled up outside, parked in line with 2 other vehicles, one displaying Blure badge. Couldn't see any parking restrictions, turning ahead on left had single yellow stripes on kerb, so put Blue badge and clock up anyway.
    Came out 50 mins later to find parking ticket over the top of my Blue badge, stating £70 fine (Shropshire Parking Service) for "parking on a street where loading/unloading restrictions are in force".
    It was very cold, slippery, snowing so maybe they didn't see Blue badge prominently displayed on drivers side dashboard -maybe.
    I checked on website, one of the exemptions to parking restrictions is listed as Blue Badge holders, so I intend disputing it, unless anyone here knows a good reason not to?
    The shop is very interested, as it will have a profound effect on their customers

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Blue Badge clearly displayed, proceed to adjudication process

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I 'd dispute it. Is it a council backed parking ticket? if it is one of these private parking inforcement companies then just ignore it, if it's council yes dispute it, they need to show you proof that you didn't have a blue badge in your car on the day of the so called offence like a photograph.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRI NAV XP

Engine : 1.9 CDTI 150

Year : 2007

Mileage : 72K

Loading and unloading of heavy goods for both commercial and non-commercial vehicles are usually allowed on a yellow line as long as the vehicle is parked safely and is moved to a permitted parking space once the loading is completed.
    There are sometimes restrictions for loading which are often marked by yellow lines on the curb. There will usually be a sign to show whether it is no loading at any time or whether loading is permitted during certain hours. When loading restrictions are in place, blue badge holders are not permitted to park.

Extracted from here

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by john_k_sri View Post

Loading and unloading of heavy goods for both commercial and non-commercial vehicles are usually allowed on a yellow line as long as the vehicle is parked safely and is moved to a permitted parking space once the loading is completed.
    There are sometimes restrictions for loading which are often marked by yellow lines on the curb. There will usually be a sign to show whether it is no loading at any time or whether loading is permitted during certain hours. When loading restrictions are in place, blue badge holders are not permitted to park.

Extracted from here

Hmm, think I'll still appeal, I saw no lines or signs - but then, I wasn't looking carefully. If they were there, they weren't obvious.
    And yes, Local Authority ticket "Shropshire Parking Service". Site is a gov.uk/parking addy. I know they are supposed to take photos, seemed a bit suss the ticket was positioned to totally obscure the badge from the outside. Only one way to find out, rules say if upheld I can still pay £35 within 14 days

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra 1.8 SRi

Trim : SRi

Engine : Z18XE

Year : 2004

Quote Originally Posted by john_k_sri View Post

Extracted from here
    If this is the case it looks like you'll have to take this one on the chin!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The street in question is a one way street by the looks of it, and to enter onto it, there are sign dictating that its "no stopping at any time" , and that cars may only travel on it for access or loading (of course this is a little contradictory, but since you weren't loading, you cant really play the "it confused me" card).

My advice would just be to pay up, and take it on the chin. Doubt contesting it will get you anywhere, as far as i can see, you were "illegally parked" (of course its still annoying, i got done once for parking in a parking bay which they had put double yellow lines through!, obviously didnt notice the double yellow lines until i saw the big yellow sticker to accompany them).

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by djlee View Post
    The street in question is a one way street by the looks of it, and to enter onto it, there are sign dictating that its "no stopping at any time" , and that cars may only travel on it for access or loading (of course this is a little contradictory, but since you weren't loading, you cant really play the "it confused me" card).

My advice would just be to pay up, and take it on the chin. Doubt contesting it will get you anywhere, as far as i can see, you were "illegally parked" (of course its still annoying, i got done once for parking in a parking bay which they had put double yellow lines through!, obviously didnt notice the double yellow lines until i saw the big yellow sticker to accompany them).
    Not familiar with the area, but I think it was one way. If there were signs, as I've said, they weren't very visible.
    You have to cross a cobbled square ish area to get into it. Saw no signs, could have been some, were no yellow lines in the road.
    Worth querying, if only to clarify it for others and my next visit. As it happens, I was technically loading/unloading as they wanted to see and assess my Warhammer 40K stuff, which is mostly what I was doing there.
    The worst that can happen is I get told it's upheld and the clock will then restart on the £35/£70 payment choices.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Remember that road markings are not required if it is a Controlled Zone, which has signs as you enter and exit only

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by m8internet View Post
    Remember that road markings are not required if it is a Controlled Zone, which has signs as you enter and exit only
    Thanks, may have been signs at the start, though none seen, none at exit (Shoplatch). The authority's own parking website says disabled/blue badge are exempt all restrictions, worth a go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information