User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Half Price MOT at vauxhall near perfect experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : Design

Engine : 1.9CDTi

Year : 2005

Mileage : 113000

Question Half Price MOT at vauxhall near perfect experience!

So I booked my car in for lunchtime yesterday at short notice as my MOT runs out on Friday.

Declining the complimentary health check and optional £10.95 fuel system cleaner and stating a was in service club to be sure I would get cheap price.

Vauxhall called at half three leaving a message to say car was ready in a positive tone. Went for can half hour later, only two advisories, one that's been on previous two times and 25,000 miles. Excellent, cars parked just over there washed and vacuumed out. Stunned! What excellent service.

So to celebrate I thought I'd treat car to damper mat for top of engine "featured in how2 section". Even had part number to hand, 46.55 + vat retail, so I'm expecting £42 ish with 25%. Similar confusion to last time with discount that was previously sorted this time no luck. Manager of parts was asked to authorise discount but after disappearing in back for five minutes with parts man, only parts man returned saying he would only give me 10%. So I've called service number on card and they are supposedly escalating it, but it's taken the edge off.

spent £500 on parts before Christmas saving a lot, but wasn't supposed to be one off, anyone else struggled??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Astra H 1.8 VVT

Trim : SRi XP 3dr

Engine : Z18XER

Year : 2009

Mileage : 12k

I took my car to my Vx dealer for MOT and fuel filter change last week.

I have a masterfit membership and I had a masterfit £25 off voucher but I too had to haggle really hard to get my Vx dealer to honour the masterfit discounts and voucher.

Still the car passed it's MOT and I got the tricky fuel filter changed for 60 notes all in, a 40% reduction on their opening offer!

So haggle hard and you should get them to do a deal.

North West - Assistant RO Woody's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C 3.2 Elite Estate Auto Facelifted

Trim : Elite with loads of "Extras"

Engine : 3.2 Z32SE

Year : 2004

Mileage : 94,000

As stated previously in my "Masterfit/Vauxhall Service Club" thread, an email to Vx customer service to explain your difficulties with your local main dealer (include the Main Dealer Name, and preferably Parts Manager's Name) and hopefully, if you get the same service that I did, it will generate a phone call from Vx to the Dealer concerned to explain the club and discount procedures etc.

I have to give Vx's Lookers Vauxhall Warrington a top score for honouring the deal after that initial phone call from Vx.
    The Lookers Parts Manager there not only remembers who I am when I phone for a part number and price, but without any reference to the "club" now says "...and that is £xxxxx list price, and to you with your 25% discount, that will be £xxxxx" , a total TRANSFORMATION in anyones book

So, persist and persevere lads, and we'll get it to work, across the board for all, eventually.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 2.2 Direct

Trim : SRI

Engine : YH 2.2 petrol

Year : 2006

Mileage : 106000

I wish I had a good time yesterday, they phoned me to let me know my service was due and MOT got a price of £115 for intermidate sevice, MOT and the use of their spare car. When I got there I was told that the price had gone up to £140 so after a discussion with the service desk the manager took over, I told him I just wanted an MOT with oil change to which after a haggle he told me £80 so ok carry on.
    The car passed ok, went to pay and the service desk said that will be £115 please £80 for the oil change and £35 for the MOT. I told them what I thought of their service and where to stick the service card.
    Two hours later the manager phoned me up and said sorry I had been over charged and will make a refund to my card when I asked how much he said £5 ???
    Will never be going back to them again!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I joined the masterfit scheme this year and got the £40 free voucher after calling and emailing i was able to redeem it against the interior light with map reading lights only had to pay the difference of 26pence!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well I've been away for a few days so have not been able to report back on the feedback from the Vauxhall service club helpline.

Owen, lovely guy at the end of the phone, called me on Wednesday afternoon but unfortunately we got cut off as I was on the ferry to the Isle of Man. Anyway, he left a message saying he had investigated my complaint and concluded that the 25% discount was only applicable to parts required in conjunction with them being fitted by the same dealer, so its a no go basically.

After i've written this I will be reading the small print, again. Like I did last time. Doesn't seem right, especially after reading your comments.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Read terms and conditions this morning and called service club again.

The official line is the discount (25%) is only off genuine parts fitted by vauxhall themselves.
    I should therefore not have got all that money off before Christmas!!

Anyone in West Yorks know of an friendly garages that might still offer it let me know as I'm still after the damper mat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Bump....anyone help?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well I bit the bullet and ordered a damper mat this morning. Got 10% discount, equivalent to trade think the 25% off thing for service club is winding me up to much to care now.

Sounds like the discretionary thing may be right, for the sake of £7 is was not worth not having part when I really "need" it.

Will still follow the complaint I have put in, by then I should have saved up enough for the opc sports gear assembly I am after, dealer says list is £262 inc vat but he will do it for about £40 off.

I have tried a few vauxhall scrappers and nothing is about.

Thread Information