Thread: New Camera !! AAgggggggggggh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default New Camera !! AAgggggggggggh

I'm sure this has been asked a million times ! I got myself a new camera for Christmas to replace my aging Panasonic DMC-FX33 and opted for the new Panasonic TZ30 which I thought ticked all the boxes,

20x zoom, 16 mexa-Pixels etc, looks good, feels well built until you take a photo , 99% are S!!!T , grainy , loads of noise and dont you even dare to zoom in for more details,

So , I have sent it back for a refund, but what to get now , I want a good zoom, was hoping for a small camera but I now wonder if I will get the picture quality I thought I was going to get with the TZ30 with a compact camera,

Dont get me wrong , I dont want to be David Bailey but I want better than this.

Left is my Old FX33 which I think is a 24mm against a TZ30 that on paper should put the 4 year old camera to shame, if you can zoom in slightly you'll see what I mean,

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps3d111777.jpg

Any recommendations for replacements would be appreciated as you read one review and then Jo Public slate the same camera , so confused as hell LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : Z20NET

Year : 2008

Mileage : 13000

Well, it all depends on what you want to actually do with it. With most point and clicks you will almost always get noise as you can not control the Aperture & Shutter etc so in low light conditions they tend to struggle.

I'm an Amateur (About to make the jump to Pro) Photographer and I have a Nikon D5100 SLR. I will ALWAYS recommend anybody who wants a decent camera to look at an entry level DSLR as they are getting cheaper and cheaper. See my examples below

http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/538...m-VR-Lens.html
    http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/643...ns--SALE-.html

I know there is stigma around the complexity of DSLR cameras but lets not forget why they put "Auto" mode on them.

If you look at my flickr here would you be suprised if I told you they were taken on a camera that cost £250

Last edited by Chazzw; 15th January 2013 at 15:38.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I was really after just good photos or better than I had with good zoom but was dissapointed with the TZ30, its just been upgraded to the TZ40 which has the same lens but better senosrs but I wonder when it comes out it will be the same ? , I'd love a EOS600 which Ive seen a few twin lens kits for around £500 but dont like the idea of carrying loads of lens, so was headind towards something like the Fuji X-S1 Bridge camera which may be a happy medium ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : Z20NET

Year : 2008

Mileage : 13000

You wouldn't need loads of lenses buddy, You would need maybe 1 or 2. I have a Nikon 18-105mm on my camera all the time. Its my "Point and Shoot" lens. Don't get me wrong I have other lenses but thats because I need them for different situations. So in short you could get away with just having a 18-105mm all the time.

Although eventually you will get "The Bug" and fork out £150ish on a 70mm-300mm Sigma Zoom lens.

I can only really advise you on DSLR's as Ive never really had anything else. All i will say is if your willing to spend around the £500 mark you could easily get an SLR + Zoom lens as I specified for that as you could buy both seperatly.

You will need somebody who has a point and click to give guidance on those models as I cant give advice on what I dont know about..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : GSI

Trim : (vxr/irmy)

Engine : 3.2 v6

Year : 2004

I got the bug after my wife bought me my canon 1000D 2 weeks after i got it i spent over £700 on new lenses and a new flash as it came with the standered lens and flash lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 04

Mileage : 000

I have a Sony HX20 as my compact camera. It gives very good results, and has many modes and features to choose from. But my main camera is a DSLR, A Nikon D800 with a Nikon 14-24 wide angle lens and a Nikon28-300 lens, that I tend to use most of the time. I also have a Nikon AW 100 waterproof compact for when the weather is not too good, But not put it through it,s paces fully yet.
    As said above the DSLR,s are coming down in price and the features they are building into them are very good to. You can use them as a "point and shoot" camera if you want. Then when you feel more creative you can then take "control" and use say apertuer priofity and be able to set the "depth of field" you want in your photo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Chazzw View Post
    I will ALWAYS recommend anybody who wants a decent camera to look at an entry level DSLR as they are getting cheaper and cheaper.
    Completely agree with this.

I have a Cannon 550D DLSR, still learning how to use it correctly, but my limited knowledge has produced some very pleasing results.
    I carry two lenses. Both classed as "kit" lenses. 18-55mm and 55=250mm. Everything in or clipped to a small shoulder bag (I can't be done carting huge amounts of kit about)

Have a look on eBay and find a 2nd hand Canon or Nikon (with Lenses) and start from there (unless you really want to stay with the point and click camera).

But please don't just click on "Auto". they don't take the best pictures anywhere near 100% of the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

OK, been looking at some more reviews and here is my current thoughts,

Option 1 http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/compact-di...view-50007454/ as its cheaper than the DSLR I want LOL
    Option 2 http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/digital-sl...view-50003988/ with this lense :http://www.cameraworld.co.uk/ViewPro...=&Minisitetype= only because it saves me having multiple lenses lol , but will have to save up for this bad boy
    Option 3, I have the option to get a cheap Samsung Galaxy Camera through work so thought I may have a play lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra c 1.9cdti 120 estate

Trim : design

I bought the Nikon D3100 just before Christmas and very pleased with the results

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

If you like Panasonic, have a look at the G1. My wofe just bought one to replace her old FZ5, seems a good bit of kit.

Thread Information