StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Diesel Remaps

iesel Remaps

Looking to get my Vectra mapped and have had a fantastic price quoted for me to do this. Iím looking to mainly do it to increase MPG more than power, itís only the 120bhp model so will be increased to about 150bhp which is more than enough for my needs.

Question is with the car now having 109k on the clock on the original clutch & gearbox etc , I know it will reduce the life span of these but if I drive it as I do now (like miss daisy) to which Iím prepared for these costs but will there be any issues do you think?

Aka am I mad doing it with high ish mileage? or shall i not be surprised if my boost hoses pop off, clutch slips or turbo ****s itself as the protection map has been removed/changed.

?

North Wales - Assistant Regional Organiser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, just drive it and respect it. How hard you press the go pedal is really the deciding factor on damage. As long as the clutch feels ok and the DMF isn't rattling, don't worry about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DMF? I never ever give it beans in first or second, hardly ever in any gear unless its the odd over take.

North Wales - Assistant Regional Organiser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DMF is the flywheel. If it was rattling, you'd know it. I'm not going to comment on the car on the Nurburgring in your profile picture!

It'll be perfectly fine, go for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loads of us have remapped our diesels no issues.

As for the DMF, this isn't an issue even if it is rattling imo. Mine had been rattling 100k before it was remapped and went another 18k/year remapped before I sold it. If the DMF rattles save up and then get it replaced.
    Insignia VX-Line Nav CDTI 170.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've done a DIY remap for both my signum DTH (128k) and my wifes vectra DT (150k). The aim in both cases was reduced lag and more torque from very low rpm, torque increase of about 25% from 1750-3500rpm, tailing off to 10% increase at 4500rpm.

The results were very pleasing - a much more pleasant drive and noticeably more grunt, and I'm sure this fairly conservative remap will not adversely affect the longevity of the engines or drivetrain. Both had already had new DMFs within the last 30k miles (at the previous owner's expense in both cases luckily!) and I fitted a new turbo to the vectra - having bought v.cheap due to knackered turbo.

But I've seen a remap produced by one of the popular tuning firms on this forum and when I looked at the file it was ugly - would certainly damage engine or drivetrain in a very short time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by littleteapot View Post
    But I've seen a remap produced by one of the popular tuning firms on this forum and when I looked at the file it was ugly - would certainly damage engine or drivetrain in a very short time.
    Really..? Who's... as I have don't recall reading any threads to back this up...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some background in Post #4 here:
    http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showth...41#post1960741

I'm not willing to name the firm as I only have 1 example of their work, and it could have been a one-off mistake. Many other people have been satisfied with this firm's work. I'm not into destroying company reputations - just wanted to make people aware that not all 'professional tuners' are so professional.

Hopefullythis evening I will get time to post a few screenshots of some maps from the offending file so you can decide - watch this thread :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_BlackSRi View Post
    Really..? Who's... as I have don't recall reading any threads to back this up...
    The guys over at another forum I frequent - ecuconnections.com - have had a look at the offending file an come to similar conclusions to me:
    http://www.ecuconnections.com/forum/...?f=152&t=15701

Basically, the torque limiter had been set to 500nm from 1500 to 4900rpm, and the smoke limiter maps had been changed to limit to a very high Lambda at low MAF readings (resulting in more lag below 2000rpm) and to very low Lambda at high MAF readings (resulting in smoke at high revs due to the obscene torque limiter settings). Then the main IQ limiter had been set flatly to 83mm3 throughout entire rev range - so no extra torque at low-mid RPM, and too much at very high revs - again results in smoke, and high EGT which could overheat the turbo. Finally, the IQ limiters which are supposed to reduce IQ and protect the engine if the oil temperature or intake air temperature becomes too high had been flatly modifed to a very high value - i.e. offer no protection to the engine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by littleteapot View Post
    The guys over at another forum I frequent - ecuconnections.com - have had a look at the offending file an come to similar conclusions to me:
    http://www.ecuconnections.com/forum/...?f=152&t=15701

Basically, the torque limiter had been set to 500nm from 1500 to 4900rpm, and the smoke limiter maps had been changed to limit to a very high Lambda at low MAF readings (resulting in more lag below 2000rpm) and to very low Lambda at high MAF readings (resulting in smoke at high revs due to the obscene torque limiter settings). Then the main IQ limiter had been set flatly to 83mm3 throughout entire rev range - so no extra torque at low-mid RPM, and too much at very high revs - again results in smoke, and high EGT which could overheat the turbo. Finally, the IQ limiters which are supposed to reduce IQ and protect the engine if the oil temperature or intake air temperature becomes too high had been flatly modifed to a very high value - i.e. offer no protection to the engine.
    Very interesting mate....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information