Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default air recirc question

Hi im not sure where to post this seems there isint a dedicated section for hvac unless I missed it.

Now my aircon wasnt working so I regassed it myself and seems to be going fine and has held for 2 weeks and still going. So im going to get it extracted and done properly just wanted to see if it had any leaks. That part is taken care of now the next problem. I know my air mixer servo is clicking but its still working the way it should be (just dont put it too near max cold and all is well. I might take it apart and move the cog a bit from what ive seen on the other threads.

Now to the main question sorry this is so long just trying to cover everything that might be of relevance. Now here is the problem my air recirc light comes on ok but there is no noise at all so the quick question is apart from the elecrtic motor servo, is there any other vacuum pipes to check on this at all or is all operated by the electric servo alone.

Like i said there is no click or motor noise at all (nthe light does come on though). Just wanted to know if there are any connections anywhere else I should check before taking the the glove box, central console and heater blower out. I dont mind replacing it if thats all that needs done just want to know if there is any other things i should be checking other than that servo that could effect it not working. I though there would be some sort of vacuum connection involved somewhere I could well be wrong is why im asking.

The next

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

When I press my air on button I don't get no dip in engine revs or no noise so I just assumed mine never worked to be honest

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The air con(ice cold air is working now with it being topped up reves do dip and get cold air)

The heater air mixer (hot and cold) is working working just clicks at the cold settin so i leave it in the middle.

its the air recirc ( picture here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-V...-/260579436793 ) its only showing a light and nothing is working. Problem is its stuck on recirc and windows are misting up pretty bad. Will take everything off and move it manually if I have too till I get it sorted.

Its gets a little confusing with so many air servos and buttons though.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Astra-J

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTi

Year : 2013

Quote Originally Posted by grant2258 View Post
    Now my aircon wasnt working so I regassed it myself. im going to get it extracted and done properly
    Remember to tell whoever you get to do the job that you've used a DIY death kit. Some of the contents of these DIY kits can screw up the garages expensive AC recharge systems.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The recirculation is done purely by the motor driven flap above the fan. Simply blanking off the duct from the pollen filter and allowing air from behind the glove box into the fan instead. I would guess that the motor had failed or the flap has jammed.

If you take the glove box out (five screws), you should be able to move it by hand easily enough back to the 'outside air' position so you're not steaming up until you get chance to work out what's failed. You might even be able to push it from the top if you take the pollen filter out.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i noticed this morning that it will not recirc if the fans are aimed at the windscreen but anywere else they will come on

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Astra-J

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTi

Year : 2013

Quote Originally Posted by antowens View Post
    i noticed this morning that it will not recirc if the fans are aimed at the windscreen but anywere else they will come on
    Correct.

You don't want the recirc on while trying to demist the windscreen.

Also, I believe the windscreen vents are used for the incoming air when in receirc mode.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

will get to this on friday cheers for the replys guys will let he aircon guy know i regassed it diy when i get it done properly. I got all the info i needed can move the flap for now will take it out at the weekend and see whats going on.

Just one more fix and the car is up to my standards. Only got the car december. The back brake pads where not there nice backing plates though lol. One caliper was messed up replaced from bone yard at the back. I just assumed i had air in the lines cause the brake peddle was travelling when i fitted the other caliper in. I also checked the front pads and discs they where new so though nothing of it and moved on. I bled it a about 5 times all round and no joy.

Started investigating the front brakes so went to take the caliper off and guess what whoever done the brake at the front must have went to town on the guide pin cause one had no threads but was sitting in the rubber grommit so looked like it was on, I only found out because I took the front caliper off to have a look how things where and put it back on.

So thats the reason for the traveling brake pedal . Why someone would leave it like that is beyond me. They changed the discs and pads why leave it broke after replaceing disc and pads it obviously dangereous! I also checked to see how tight the caliper carrier was on was expecting a fight to get it off cause i need to fit another caliper carrier one with threads for both guide pins lol. The bracket bolts where on looser than a wheel nut scarey sonmeone actually drove about like this. So ill be ckecking all the torques all round on friday as well and will be puting some loctite on the carrier bolts. I wont be driving the car again till ive fixed this cause I know its a problem now ive found why the brake pedalk is traveling. I have another carrier from the bonyard here so shoudl be all good on friday and ill have no more misty windows lol . I can enjoy my car after all this at last.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

ok cars all sorted now cheers guys took the glove box off seen the servo with no wire plugged in it. Took he side pannel off and seen someone had snpped the plastic off. I just super glued it back on and pl,ugged it in. Everything in the car is sorted now happy days no more misty windows and i can use the brakes lol.

Thread Information