Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default I need multiplicity!!!

lol

After recently managing to be on the forum much more regularly than I had been earlier this year, why do things then come along and scupper it?!, and the reason(s) for not being on most of November.

Two year old gets chickenpox and off nursery, then four year old off school for a few days with a virus, back for one day then he's off again with chickenpox!

Combined with work being stupidly busy during November. Three shoots on consecutive days one week, two in London, one in Sevenoaks, and shoots other weeks on top. Plus all the time to edit/process/prepare files from shoots afterwards, sometimes on days when one of the boys was off, so juggling all that often left evenings/weekends the only/best time to get that done.

As for spare/free time during November - if only! lol

Thankfully not as hectic now. Four year old still off today but should hopefully be back tomorrow. Then off to London again on Friday for another shoot!

Kinda hoping that's the last shoot of the year so that I can then start to wind down and get ready for Christmas.

Just had my four year old shout me from bathroom to say that toilet is leaking onto floor. Thankfully it wasn't, it was radiator leaking along the bottom where it's started to rust/split so that's one more job to do ASAP!

I want to be like Michael Keaton in Multiplicity where I have several of me to deal with all the different aspects of life!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.9 DTH

Year : 2008

Get a deputy or forum manager

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : VXR8 6.0 muscle SRI ESTATE XP1

Trim : VXR/ SRI ESTATE CDTI XP1

Engine : 6.0 V8 Thunder

Year : 2008

+1 lol
    VXR IS FOR LIFE NOT JUST FOR THRILLS !

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia 1.8 SRi

Trim : VX Line Red

Engine : 1.8VVT

Year : 2011

+2!

Things can, and do, crop up that take priority over running this forum. That's a simple fact that I am sure we all accept and understand. With the frequency this seems to happen though, I for one can't understand the reluctance to at least partially hand over the reigns to some of the dedicated admins/members that would be willing to help out. Surely doing so would take some of the load/pressure off of your shoulders, and would ensure the smooth running of the forum?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : 150

Year : 05

Mileage : 74000

+3 already suggested this, but nothing came of it
    Plasma's Tech2 services are now partially open and able to provide services

Come Join our new forum Insignia Owners.com for all your Insignia chat and needs

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by puppet View Post
    ...I for one can't understand the reluctance to at least partially hand over the reigns to some of the dedicated admins/members that would be willing to help out. Surely doing so would take some of the load/pressure off of your shoulders, and would ensure the smooth running of the forum?
    It's nothing to do with being reluctant, as you say. I would love it if other people took on some of the things that I deal with! With the membership packs it's easier if I do them. I have all the stuff here - special laminator to deal with the thicker pouches we use, colour laser printer, software that prints the cards and allows me to paste pictures straight that have been e-mailed. So it's actually easier/simpler for me to deal with those than try and transfer it to someone else, plus whoever does them needs to be an Admin as it requires access to the Admin CP (and PayPal) to get the relevant info for the card/postage details.

With other things like sorting out all the tickets and stand booking for the shows like PVS, Billing and Trax, I'd be more than happy if someone else took that over from me!, but having advertised in the past for an Events Manager nobody has applied. We have had Event Managers in the past but when they've stepped down, as they've found it took up too much time etc., and in the absence of anyone putting themselves forward, it's basically ended up being a case of if I didn't do it then it wasn't going to get done! No PVS, no Billing, no Trax - which of course I was never going to let happen, so a lot of the stuff I've ended up dealing has not been by choice!

The membership packs were dealt with by Gary last year, taking over from me to free me up for other forum/club stuff, but when he couldn't do them any longer, and a backlog had built up, the quickest way to clear that was for me to take them back on and get the backlog sorted at the beginning of this year.

That's been the same with other forum/club stuff. It's either something I've either started doing from the start, and nobody has helped me with it/taken over, or I've started it and someone else has then taken it over only to stop doing it and it's then fallen on me to take it back over or it wouldn't have got done. Some people, not saying you!, seem to have forgotten that, that it's been a case of if I didn't do it then it wouldn't have got done, and not because I'm some sort of control freak! lol

As I've said, there are things I'd be more than happy for other people to help with/take over but I can't force anyone to.

Quote Originally Posted by plasma View Post
    +3 already suggested this, but nothing came of it
    Howdya mean? It wasn't that long ago we spoke and it's not going to happen overnight, not things like new/additional Admin etc. Once Christmas is out the way and we're into the New Year I'm hoping that we can get people on board to help with various aspects of the forum, all depends if people want to though!

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

im new i know i wouldnt mind helping out somewere.i know billing well use to live in northampton

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

That's a fair response Duncan. I appreciate that most of us don't know the ins and outs of running the club/forum, and there will no doubt be much more to it than meets the eye.

Hopefully in the New Year you can firm up some plans to delegate some of the ongoing duties to suitable people. It certainly sounds as if there is too much for just one person to try and fit in around a normal family life and job etc.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

....and there will no doubt be much more to it than meets the eye.
    Indeed!

Hopefully in the New Year you can firm up some plans to delegate some of the ongoing duties to suitable people.
    Hopefully. If I could delegate that'd be the easy bit!, but we don't have employees. lol It needs to have people willing/putting themselves forward to requests.

It certainly sounds as if there is too much for just one person to try and fit in around a normal family life and job etc.
    , especially with being self-employed and having four and two year old boys.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    If I could delegate that'd be the easy bit!, but we don't have employees. lol It needs to have people willing/putting themselves forward to requests.
    Surely the suggestion then has to be that you need to have a think about what roles/duties people could realistically help you out with, and then create a thread to formally ask who would actually be willing to help with those roles/duties?

If there are no takers, or no suitable volunteers, then if nothing else next time it all goes a bit pear-shaped and things are a falling behind, you can just point folk to that thread and say "Nobody would help!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information