User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Workers ... 0 == Unemployed £ 15,500 benefits a year .

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Workers ... 0 == Unemployed £ 15,500 benefits a year .

Hello everyone , how are your Christmas preparations going .

A lot of us will be struggling and sacrificing this year with less money and higher bills on gas , electric , water etc etc .

Some of us have lost jobs and genuinely want to be back in employment to earn an honest living .

But not this 20 year old mother who is unemployed and receiving over £ 15,000 in benefits and sees no point in working for a living

and by the sound of it , she is going to have a fantastic christmas , having told the newspaper that she is to spend £ 2,000 on Christmas .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2Ek1ojors

Leanna Broderick plans to give children
    designer outfits,
    iPads
    and jewellery

The 20-year-old has never worked and claims nearly £15,500 a year
    Claims she is better off on benefits and last year saved £2,500
    Said there was 'no point' getting minimum wage job and paying for childcare

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2Ek1ojors
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HITFACTORY1403; 11th December 2012 at 12:55.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Another part of Labour's legacy. Vote UKIP.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

can of worms,.. makes my blood boil tho.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

Not all like that. I've been disabled for years now, as has Wendy. It was not my choice as I was fit, active, and a hard worker before my health went.
    In the last year I've had Dss open a years old query that neither side can now prove, and deduct all but £45 weekly from us. A4U clawed enough back for us to eat AND pay most (not all) of the bills. After 12 months they have "allowed" my appeal.
    Last Xmas, while Wendy was in hospital for 2 operations, they took me off the small amount of Income support I was on, as being long term sick, I should be on Incapacity benefit. Less money and no automatic entitlement to help with rent, Council tax, prescriptions, or hospital travel - I had to find out what forms I needed and reapply for it all. Good job Wendy couldn't eat Xmas dinner that year, we couldn't afford it.
    Next, I had a long form to fill in checking to see if I had miraculously become fit for work, GP confirmed not, and that, if asked , he could provide a list of every scrounger registered with the Practice.
    Then I get a letter telling me they accept I am unfit for work, but they think, at 58, with walking and health problems, I should volunteer to attend a Jobclub in Birmingham daily, at my own expense.
    Next, we get told by the local Housing Authority a new Government decree says everyone on benefit with an unused bedroom (we're in a 2 bed disabled adapted bungalow, downsized from a 3 bed house) has to agree to take in a lodger or pay an extra £30+ monthly just to stay in the same house.
    Yesterday I got a set of P45's telling me I have been taken off Incapacity benefit, which leaves us DLA and my RAF pension, about £450 monthly, to pay everything and survive on. It may be they've changed me over to these new named benefits, but all that's with the letter is an address, yes, for a Jobcentre in Birmingham.
    I can assure you we will not be buying designer clothes. I have 2 pairs of cheap jeans, one pair of shoes, and half a dozen charity shop Rugby shirts. My wife is wearing 3 years old clothes that don't fit her anymore and are worn out. We are in arrears with our gas and electric, purely because for several months we just didn't have the money to pay basics.
    I'd love to be on £14,000 yearly, we could catch up with the bills and Wendy could have some clothes that fit.
    A very nice lady, single mum through no fault of her own, in our Church Group, was working 16 hours a week and just about surviving. She now works 37.5 hours a week and is slowly going under as she is getting no help at all with anything.
    Last edited by Grumpy1954; 11th December 2012 at 13:18.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have previously worked in the DWP and unfortunately there will always be people who milk the system, there are also those people who just fall outside the system and are considerably worse off.

This lady is not claiming anything that she is not entitled to, however the fact that she is so comfortable on benefits, would suggest that the system is not working as it should be there to encourage people to find work for those who can work and help those who cannot work.

There are more issues emerging regarding under occupency as there is a national housing shortage. Unfortunately there are many properties left un-occupied due to the state of them and the councils have no money to repair them.

People who are currently in receipt of Incapacity benefit are being moved over to Employment Support Allowance, I would advise if you have received an adverse decision on your current level of incapacity, then you must appeal. The quality of the work provided by ATOS is under much discussion in Parliament.

Hopefully the introduction of Universal Credit in the coming years will address some of the issues, but I am not holding my breath.

If anyone wants benefits advise, they can PM me.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

the big problem there is the poor wages we all seem to get paid not that shes able to save some money

at the end of the day the government says you need x amount of money to live in an area so thats what they pay in benefits yet working will not get you anything like what you need to earn a living

they need to reward those who work

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra c 1.9cdti 120 estate

Trim : design

The whole system is crazy - now on the other hand an elderly relative of mine who is 84yrs old, a widow, living alone has slight arthritis that prevents her walking far, pays no rent or council tax, gets £214 per week pension, and every 4th week gets an additional benefit that takes her pension up to £547 for that week. She has got more money than she knows what to do with and cannot bank it because if she has too much in savings it will affect her benefits - so she passes it on to her son and daughter who bank it in their own accounts rather than have it kicking around the house.
    Now I agree that pensioners need to have enough income to keep themselves comfortable, but she is the first to admit she does not need the amount of money she receives!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

@ Grumpy 1954 ,

You have a legitimate reason for your disability allowance .

But this 20 year old lass may not and is too comfortable on benefits to go out and get a job .

QUOTE ...

Said there was 'no point' getting minimum wage job and paying for childcare .

&

Claims she is better off on benefits and last year saved £2,500 .

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Dare I mention, these will also be Tax free!!

However, she will not get the Housing benefit and Council Tax Benefit in her hands, those are simply rebates.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

One of the problems is that people on benefits continue to have children! The more children then the more benefit they receive. They are not made to be responsible for their income and personal circumstances.

How many people could go to their boss and ask for a payrise because they want another child?? NONE! However benefits are automatically increased.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information