Hello All, I've been a long time lurker of the site so took the plunge on joining as it is a really great forum.
Anyway, I've had my car about 4 months (2006 1.9 CDTI 120 Signum, 78k miles) and I've got more than my share of issues, I'll continue to persevere with it but just thought I'd share incase any of you guys can offer any advice.
1) Hissing noise from underneath - Fixed, turned out to be small hole in the exhaust flex joint
2) Spanner light and very lower power - Fixed, turned out to be knackered EGR value
3) Would not start for love nor money one day (AA couldn't get it going either) - Fixed, turned out to be a wire backed out of an electrical connector under the bonned which resulted in low fuel pressure.
4) Clunk from the front right corner as I back off my drive and steering wheel rotated anti-clockwise - I strongly suspect driveshaft/CV joint.
5) Becoming difficult to start on the cold mornings, comes with a smell of fuel for a few seconds and a puff of white smoke (not a lot). Starter motor? Battery? I have noticed a small bit of damage to one of the intercooler hose's which I plan to make a quick repair to using a bike puncture repair kit. There is also a little bit of a hiss noise as I go through the turbo 'band'.
6) Finally, the most annoying, whenever I touch or come off the accelerator I get a horrible knock and jerk. Feels very much like something in the driveline is loose somewhere. It'll also do it as I raise the clutch pedal when pulling away but also when going on and off the throttle on the motorway. Any ideas on this? I'm hoping it is cured when I get round to 4) but I fear not.
Any advice on 4) - 6) is very welcome.