Well folks, was changine the Stat in a friends Vectra cdti 120bhp today and jesus what an absolute c*nt of a job, all for the sake of one nut holding the cooler I did my own stat on the 150bhp in about half an hour and thought this would be the same....
Anyway i eventually got the stat changed and everything back on except for the steel pipe that connects to the cooler and then goes into the exhaust, no matter what i do, how much i push or prise it with a bar i cant get the pipe to join to the cooler dead straight and it wont seal, the only way i can see of mabey doin it is unbolting the pipe from the exhaust and then mabey it will join flush with the cooler, but this looks like a pain to get at the bolts holding it to the exhaust... has anyone had this problem before or what way did they sort it... at the car 3 hours today until it got dark and had to leave it and its really doing my head in!!!

Advice desperatley needed!!!