0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Still looking!

Still on the roundabout of what my replacement car will be. I've decided against a cabrio, the Brera is definitely too small (I've tried and tried). I really would like a coupe though. BMW far too expensive. By accident I came across the 407 coupe. Thought it looked quite nice, a bit different and not too common.

They are very well spec'd, particulary in SE form:

S Spec includes:- 17” alloy wheels with 215/55 R17 tyres, electro hydraulic power steering, ABS with EBD and EBA, Xenon headlights, RD4 radio/CD player, Bluetooth hands-free telephone kit, electro chrome rear view mirror, ultrasonic alarm, ESP, auto door locking, laminated side windows, dual-zone climate control, front fog lights, tyre pressure sensors, auto headlights, auto wipers, remote control CDL with deadlocks, smart front driver and passenger airbags, curtain airbags, front side airbags, steering column airbag, rear parking sensors, 2/3 - 1/3 folding rear seatbacks.

SE Spec adds/substitutes to S spec:- Leather upholstery, JBL Hi-Fi, 6 disc CD autochanger, electric heated seats, front parking sensors, 18” alloy wheels with 235/45 R18 tyres, electronically controlled ‘continuous variable’ electro-hydraulic power steering, directional bi xenon headlights, electronic suspension (V6 versions).

problem is I've got a prejudice against French cars (although I've never owned one). It's an outsider at the mo, but maybe one worth considering. Another factor is that any replacement is going to have to be VERY good, because I'm happy with the Vec and its dependability and comfort. The Peugeot's are selling for around £15000 for an 06reg 2.2 SE. Seems to be quite a lot of car for the money. Never seen one in the flesh yet,so might pop down to the dealer for a look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One problem, as you say, its French

North West & North Wales Assistant Regional Organiser Drinky's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the write ups seem to give them lots of stars especially in 2.7 V6 diesel as its the same engine as the jags and Land/Range rovers have seen a few of them around and i deffo thing they have good road presence ....I like you dont like French cars but i think Peugeot is the best of a bad bunch and 40,000,000 Taxi drivers can't be wrong !!!!!!

Back in a V6 !!!!!!!!!!!! And lovin it !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARAGH!!! don't do it Paul, Pugs look nice drive nice and extremely proficient at being put on ramps, I owned one, never again, cabbies do use them a lot, but you can't get one to own up to how poor the car is built until after they've sold it, until then it's been ultra reliable etc, save a gearbox every 40k and general electrical gremlins, if you are gonna consider this type of car why not an Astra coupe, or the VW lookalike, my mate has a C5, it's 10 mths old and been nothing but hassle, and we all know who makes Citroen don't we.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

407. 2.7 V6.

Do it. It'll have warranty if anything breaks, and lets face it, VX haven't got a glowing reputation in this house at least! (Although that said, it's getting better by every day and journey)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew's SRi View Post
    407. 2.7 V6.

Do it. It'll have warranty if anything breaks, and lets face it, VX haven't got a glowing reputation in this house at least! (Although that said, it's getting better by every day and journey)
    I had a warrenty Andy, it makes no difference if the thing is in the shop every 14 days for something else they can't find.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Astra is too small...I'd have a Brera if it wasn't for the kids. This is a 'proper' four seater. The owners reviews on What Car are all positive. I'm going to have a look in the next couple of days and see what they're like in the flesh.

It's early days yet, just trying to narrow things down.

Having said that, I've just washed the Vec and she's looking good as new. It's going to have to really grab me before I make a decision.

(You certainly can't knock the spec though...look at what you get in the SE....imagine how much all that would cost in a Beemer)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VauxVeteran View Post
    I had a warrenty Andy, it makes no difference if the thing is in the shop every 14 days for something else they can't find.
    In all fairness VV, it's been pretty well documented on here that It's not just Peugeot who need several attempts to get things sorted!

Is yours fixed yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just found out you can get a brand new UK car for £15800 through an internet broker. Decisions, decisions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have a read on the Readers Reviews on www.WhatCar.com on 407s. They don't seem a happy bunch of owners !!!!!!!

Maybe its a bit of hint.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information