I own Zafira B 1,9 cdti 150 bhp. Got a black smoke (when engine warms up gets little grayish, but still black) when accelerating. Also fuel consumption is very low.
1)Cam belt change
Rocher change (the woodraf key fall off and belt slept three teeth)
When checking fuel consumption on idle, than display shows 0,1 g/h till 0,3g/h. It changes all time between could be also 0,2 g/h.
2) After the repairs got sluggish and seem to smoke:
3) Changed EGR and Turbo (leaking internally and bearing gone)
Still sluggish (Turbo lag) and p2279 fault code)
4) Find out dpf blocked, could not manually regenerate, so new DPF (delete and remap, mapped out egr and blocked)
5) Power back, happy to drive, but still P2279 (after restart no light) and black smoke and poor MPG
When checking fuel consumption on idle, than display shows 0,1 g/h till 0,2g/h. It changes mostly when cold, but can also when warm.
6) Checked for AIR leaks- could not find (intercooler pressure check - ok)
7) P2279 disappears by it self - still smoking, bad MPG
8) New MAF (AFM) - still smoking, bad MPG
9) Injector cleaner - Still smoking, bad MPG
Now doing 24 MPG in the city (was 32 MPG) and 40 MPG on the motor way (was 45MPG)
Any clues? Ideas? Helpppppppp