Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Tradesman power tools

hi guys, ok i want some ideas for a new cordless combi drill. i had a dewalt 18v combi drill but after it went walk about i replaced it with a much cheaper erbauer (spelling) from screwfix and it did last just over 3 years of heavy use but was never really very happy with it. ive just got an 18 volt dewalt impact driver, but i could really do with replacing my combi drill. only one prob, i want it all but dont want to pay for it ha. so after views from some of you fellow tradsmen, i only say this as our tools are used most days, my mates had a black and decker for 3 years and he says its the best drill hes ever had, only hes only used it twice, i know for a fact it would last a month tops with me lol. sorry if this thread bores people ha

VIP-Member
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : `

Trim : `

Engine : `

Year : `

Mileage : `

My Dewalt has been a cracker, but the batteries are well past their best, its just so disappointing the batteries are £50 a pop, a new 18v with 3 batteries is only £129, just don't make seance tbh.
    "We are not some sort of dictatorship!"

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 2t

Trim : standard

Engine : z20net

Year : 08

Mileage : 32000

MAKITA....my bro's in the building trade and its what he swears by..i bought one one his rec. B+Q.
    Last edited by nikroc; 28th November 2012 at 21:51.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

yep defo agree cant beat dewalt but a good 18 volt with 2 2ah batteries looking at over £200. we do get some power tools supplied at work, but i got given a 36 volt sds drill a few month ago so no chance ill get anything else of them ha.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

?What do you want to know,our company are power tool wholesalers,did you know that a lot of the parts used to manufacture DewALT are also used to produce IRONICALLY the very same Black And decker,as Dewalt are owned by Black And Decker.
    We believe that the best Power tools currently on the market are made by Makita,the main reason being is the gearing parts on the Makita are metal based as opposed to plastic on some of the others,Bosch are one of the main players,which probably make the best motors or used too,20 years ago no question it was Bosch,a lot of mains drills manufactured then are still going strong now.
    Don't overlook one of our Brands which is Milwaukee they are going from strength to strength and are competing on price and quality..
    Ryobi are basically Black and Decker,great for DIYing hth

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Cdti 150

Trim : Sri

I'm a carpenter and using makita now! always used erbauer before but it don't matter what brand it is batteries always give up before the drill. I've got the lxt600 kit it's got three batteries and a couple of months back had two go in a week!! Have a look on toolstop always found them to be the cheapest

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra c 1.9cdti 120 estate

Trim : design

I have a couple of Dewalt 18volt drills and both have recently developed the same fault in that when I try to change from normal drilling to the hammer setting they won't switch over - I don't think Dewalt stuff is as good as it used to be - the most useful ones I have are the smaller 12 volt drills which have really done a lot of hard work - I have use the 18volt Makita drills and they are certainly on par with DeWalt

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by macdad View Post
    ?What do you want to know,our company are power tool wholesalers,did you know that a lot of the parts used to manufacture DewALT are also used to produce IRONICALLY the very same Black And decker,as Dewalt are owned by Black And Decker.
    We believe that the best Power tools currently on the market are made by Makita,the main reason being is the gearing parts on the Makita are metal based as opposed to plastic on some of the others,Bosch are one of the main players,which probably make the best motors or used too,20 years ago no question it was Bosch,a lot of mains drills manufactured then are still going strong now.
    Don't overlook one of our Brands which is Milwaukee they are going from strength to strength and are competing on price and quality..
    hiya buddy, i knew dewalt had some sort of re;ationship with bd, and i have tried black and decker before but didnt last five mins. ive also used a few milwaukee and found them to be very good, it was price that put me off though. i have always spent alot on power tools but dont seem to have the money anymore for work toys haha. a guy i work with has a ryobi and didnt like it at all tbh. i do like makita but trying to look for a good one at a good price, to be honest id like an 18v 2ah but i just dont know if i need it, so maybe ill be ok with a 14v 1.3 which are cheaper. as said in first post i have a 36v makita sds that i use alot (hanging rads, clips etc etc) and i use my impact driver for most screwing tasks but would like another combi drill for those little job so. just didnt want to buy a 14 v 1,3ah and find its just not powerful enough

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

this is the makita, i said it was 36 volt though but i dont think it is, i thinks its a 24 volt.

url.jpg

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by macdad View Post

Sorry got this bit wrong Millwaukee where bought by AEG who also own Ryobi who are not owned by BD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information