Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Scottish Region - way forward?

Right guys,

Looking for your thoughts here. Obviously we need an RO and we will be having discussions on that soon, and chatting with david.

I am keen to find out what you guys want to see up here.
    1. How many members are actually interested in attending meets
    2. Geographically should we split into east west? north south? or as the average attendance is poor for various reasons should we stay as one region for now?
    3. i know duncan has had msn chats with some scottish members who feel that nothing happens and they feel a bit left out up here, so what do you want to happen re meets etc.

I know more than most that people wont be able to make meets due to work, family and other reasons not least the fact we are so spread out. That is NOT a dig at anyone, i have to work away now sometiimes with nearly no notice, just we have 67 members listed now, more than some other regions who do more. This is not a vectra-c specific problem as well
    i know from experience with vxlscc and more recently vxon that apart from a few hardcore guys, its hard to get anyone out to do stuff as they see things as more of a forum only.

So basically over to you guys, what do you want to see happening up here?

Graeme

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've just spent 30 mins writing a sensible answer to this and the efing thing looged me out and I lost everything...lol, might get back to it later

I basically said yes I like the idea of a North South Region!

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Biggest problem with the region is no RO, therefore no direction, I think that we need 1 region for the moment, with local meets as well, there isn`t enough people at the meets to split the region, though with the majority of members down glasgow /Edinburgh way it makes sense to have the whole region meets down there. I am like you Graeme , dunno when I am working / off, I got a call to say I am away on Monday on Wednesday, then a call yesterday saying I am not. I am interested in meets but cannot really put my name down for them as I am called away at no notice. I will however try to get to a couple if i can. I think a few well planned meets with something to do / see at them would get better results than heaps of smaller ones, again just my opinion.

Priority has to be getting an RO into / back into place ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Its definately always the same faces(give or take) that have attended the meets over the last year that i have been going to them. I honestly think their is an element of shyness up here, also maybe not wanting to attend incase someone you know see's you and you get a slagging for it??....TBH im clutching at straws even though i have thought about it long and hard.

I agree with Tommy regarding the R.O we need one ASAP to give the area a direction/focus. I dont think we have to change the set up of the scottish region but we do have to spread the meets around. Themed meets are definately the way ahead for 2 reasons IMO 1) keep the family happy if shops are close 2) not everyone thinks standing around in a car park in pishing rain talking about cars is fun, maybe entice them out of their holes if it were carting or something similar.

I think our biggest aim should be to get a well attended stand at Fast and Modified, thus giving us decent publicity and hopefully entice more members..

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Graeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Agree with RO and it is a priority. F+M agree but remember there is more than likely a 15 car max at this or thats been all the 2 clubs i was with at the show last few years was.

I agree with bigger themed meets. The one for tomorrow was really just an idea at shorter notice to get some folk together and then maybe chat about ideas. TBH though with this ****y weather its not really the best.

Sadly i am like tommy a bit. I know i am back out on regional team from w/c21st jan but dont know where. we have to have full flexability and availability so hard for me to plan as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

When u say themed meets Steven, I can't stop thinking about going to nice places such as Inverary castle and the like where there is an excellent backdrop for piccies, obviously a lovely castle for a wander, huge grounds for anyone taking families for picnics stc..... and best of all a spectacular drive through Loch Lomond and up over the rest and be thankful.
    Car parks have their places and so do rolling roads etc but to make it more attractive to the guys who have to keep wives and kids happy meets need to be appealing to more than just petrol and derv heads.

I personnaly would find it so much easier to attend a family friendly meet and I'd love to get my wee boy Andrew (5 on Sunday) into it too as he is already a bit of a vectra spotter.

I know we all have different likes dislikes etc and I do know that some guys use it as a way to get some well earned peace and quiet from the family but maybe a couple of meets designed especially to help make it a family friendly club.

Maybe one during the Easter Holidays and one during the summer holidays. If it's a success then it could be a permanent fixture to our calender with some of the English Fellas making an appearance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Get a good theme going and you will attract members from other regions too !! boost you moral and send a clear message to the other members that it is really worth going to !!!

You do need to split the country as it really is to far for some members to travel .... but you do have a solid base to work on ,as far as a few hard members that will travel whatever .... such good members are very hard to find .. luckily I have these kind of members too... without these members i would be struggling and I'm sure Ian_c would agree too !!

Good luck

phil

Watch the truck pull on youtube --http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjGfVxXov1E

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by andy d View Post
    When u say themed meets Steven, I can't stop thinking about going to nice places such as Inverary castle and the like where there is an excellent backdrop for piccies, obviously a lovely castle for a wander, huge grounds for anyone taking families for picnics stc..... and best of all a spectacular drive through Loch Lomond and up over the rest and be thankful.
    Car parks have their places and so do rolling roads etc but to make it more attractive to the guys who have to keep wives and kids happy meets need to be appealing to more than just petrol and derv heads.

I personnaly would find it so much easier to attend a family friendly meet and I'd love to get my wee boy Andrew (5 on Sunday) into it too as he is already a bit of a vectra spotter.

I know we all have different likes dislikes etc and I do know that some guys use it as a way to get some well earned peace and quiet from the family but maybe a couple of meets designed especially to help make it a family friendly club.

Maybe one during the Easter Holidays and one during the summer holidays. If it's a success then it could be a permanent fixture to our calender with some of the English Fellas making an appearance.

Couldn't agree more, would make my life ALOT easier if this was the way ahead

Fantastic spot on top of the rest and be thankful for piccies for when we do this in the spring/summer ...but again we hit a snag that it is around 4-5 hours away for the north east guys to Inveraray, couple of nice hotels though

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I know I haven`t managed many meets since I got the new job, but if I was around and a decent sized meet was organised I would defo stay in a hotel for it, especially on the west coast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

This is a hard call and theres not going to be a fast fix here, but I do think something for the full family is the way ahead...

Also we do need an RO or even a couple, north and south maybe.....

Just about every meet so far has been in some sort of carpark/ retail park, so what about having some meets away from these, ie a good run into the sticks where we can get some great pics and a good run for the cars.

Places to go, now thats the hard part.....east coast and west coast...both have great locations and some great places to have meets, what about getting some kind of list togeather with locations on it for meets and things to do at these locations....

ie..

Berwick..
    Oban..
    Ayr..
    St Andrews..
    Strathy Park..
    Perth..
    Dundee..
    Aberdeen..
    Fort William..

Just a few locations for thought, tring to get a picture of where ppl want or would like to go, but I think that is the hard part.
    Just my thought anyway....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information