User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Anyone any good with mobiles?

  1. #1
    Regular Member BigWilko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Barnsley
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Signum

    Trim : Irmscher Elite

    Engine : 3.0 CDTI

    Year : 2005

    Default Anyone any good with mobiles?

    So i had a HTC one X (on O2) which suddenly packed up yesterday. Off to carphone warehouse i went to get it sorted. I end up with some piece of prehistoric technology to put me on until it has been repaired/ replaced. It's killing me!

    I have an old Desire HD which is on orange and is consequently sim locked but i'd love to be able to use it until my other handset returns.

    I've read about rooting/ flashing/ unlocking but i'm not really sure how to do it. Anyone know what they're doing?

  2. #2
    Administrator plasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    On the Forum
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra

    Trim : SRi

    Engine : 150

    Year : 05

    Mileage : 74000

    Default

    thats scary mary time when doing that, rooted and flashed mine with the evolution rom, unlocking, downgrading and then upgrading, thought I'd bricked it once whilst doing it...

    btw, i'm looking at getting the one XL for my upgrade.
    Plasma's Tech2 services are now open and able to provide services

  3. #3
    Regular Member sinless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Edgware
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Insignia

    Trim : Exclusive

    Engine : Y20DTH

    Year : 2009

    Mileage : 96500

    Default

    post me the phone, i`ll do it for free for you, unlock and a great ROM !!! Or maybe we can meet if you are local !!! I have the same phone, it is routed, i can install any ROM i want !!! Including jelly bean !! Hihiihh ...it looks great. Or if you are good with computers there is a forum, xda developers and there are some guides how to do it there !!!

  4. #4
    Regular Member sinless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Edgware
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Insignia

    Trim : Exclusive

    Engine : Y20DTH

    Year : 2009

    Mileage : 96500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plasma View Post
    thats scary mary time when doing that, rooted and flashed mine with the evolution rom, unlocking, downgrading and then upgrading, thought I'd bricked it once whilst doing it...

    btw, i'm looking at getting the one XL for my upgrade.
    I hope I`m getting the ONE X PLUS ...hhihihih !!! i can`t wait ...but I have to ..until December...which is near !!!

  5. #5
    Regular Member sinless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Edgware
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Insignia

    Trim : Exclusive

    Engine : Y20DTH

    Year : 2009

    Mileage : 96500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plasma View Post
    thats scary mary time when doing that, rooted and flashed mine with the evolution rom, unlocking, downgrading and then upgrading, thought I'd bricked it once whilst doing it...

    btw, i'm looking at getting the one XL for my upgrade.
    Now is easier with the ACE HACK KIT (for desire HD, the codename is ACE)...15 mins and you`re done !!! Then download the ROM...and then...done...play with it !! I remember, one time i wanted to try the 3 (H3G) version of ICS and went back to factory ROM then tried to upgrade (obviously that with the factory rom, everything was back at normal, locked and with rubbish ROM.

    Rooted again....and again....I guess i rooted the phone 5 times already...but now I am pleased...i have a nice radio version ....and a nice ICS on it !!! (until next week when i will change it ...again)

  6. #6
    Regular Member alcutler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    East Midlands
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : vectra c 1.9cdti 120 estate

    Trim : design



    Default

    I've only just worked out how to make calls on mine and I'm never sure I've ended them properly when finished - they have give me one of those touchscreen jobs - but with big fat porky fingers I keep getting all sorts of things on the screen.

  7. #7
    Regular Member BigWilko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Barnsley
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Signum

    Trim : Irmscher Elite

    Engine : 3.0 CDTI

    Year : 2005

    Default

    OK, maybe i didn't explain myself properly.

    Cheers for the offer of doing it for me but i could kind of do with it doing ASAP. My one x may be back by wednesday which would be before YOU had got the handset back to me. Plus i'd have to pay for postage which probably makes it worth just buying an unlock code.

    All the forums just seem to be full of dead links and jargon. There doesn't actually seem to be any working rom links around and there doesn't appear to be a simple how2 on how to do it.

  8. #8
    Administrator plasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    On the Forum
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra

    Trim : SRi

    Engine : 150

    Year : 05

    Mileage : 74000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinless View Post
    Now is easier with the ACE HACK KIT (for desire HD, the codename is ACE)...15 mins and you`re done !!! Then download the ROM...and then...done...play with it !! I remember, one time i wanted to try the 3 (H3G) version of ICS and went back to factory ROM then tried to upgrade (obviously that with the factory rom, everything was back at normal, locked and with rubbish ROM.

    Rooted again....and again....I guess i rooted the phone 5 times already...but now I am pleased...i have a nice radio version ....and a nice ICS on it !!! (until next week when i will change it ...again)
    exactly the kit i used, i'd never rooted a phone before, but did a lot of research (well at least 2hrs or so ) and then tackled it.
    Plasma's Tech2 services are now open and able to provide services

  9. #9
    Regular Member sinless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Edgware
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Insignia

    Trim : Exclusive

    Engine : Y20DTH

    Year : 2009

    Mileage : 96500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigWilko View Post
    OK, maybe i didn't explain myself properly.

    Cheers for the offer of doing it for me but i could kind of do with it doing ASAP. My one x may be back by wednesday which would be before YOU had got the handset back to me. Plus i'd have to pay for postage which probably makes it worth just buying an unlock code.

    All the forums just seem to be full of dead links and jargon. There doesn't actually seem to be any working rom links around and there doesn't appear to be a simple how2 on how to do it.
    let me get back to you with a link...jut gimme 5 mins !!!

  10. #10
    Regular Member BigWilko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Barnsley
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Signum

    Trim : Irmscher Elite

    Engine : 3.0 CDTI

    Year : 2005

    Default

    I've now got the ace hack tool but cant seem to get past the pass key screen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. couple of mobiles
    By rayvo-gsi in forum General items for sale
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29th April 2009, 13:10
  2. Mobiles
    By spennny in forum General items for sale
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25th April 2009, 08:59
  3. Mobiles on planes......Please God No!
    By Brocks in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 23rd October 2007, 11:44
  4. NO cost mobiles!
    By 2ltrT in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18th March 2006, 01:52

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •