Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default 2.2 dti maf reading

Hi there. Any other fellow 2.2 dti owners know what reading should be for a good mass flow meter at idle. Mines reading 200 kg/h. I getting egr insufficient flow. Egr has been replaced code faults same after. Only happens on motorway in 5th cruising. Also 5th feels underpowered and have to drop down a gear up small hills. If I open egr by means of actuation test at idle maf drops to 100kg/h. Just seems lower than I would expect it to be. If unplug maf the reading hits default of 540 kg/h. Signs of green corrosion on wire element in maf. Tried cleaning made no difference.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If there appears to be corrosion on the MAF internals, i'd replace it. They are only good for so many thousands of miles before they lunch themselves.

If you replace it, go for a genuine one, not an cheap aftermarket one as it will likely fail within weeks/months of fitting it

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I know what your saying. The only thing I trying to establish though is without splashing cash first. Is this reading wrong or not. Money is very tight at the mo. can't afford to waste on incorrect diagnosis. Had a faulty maf on a traffic van the other day. Just so happened we also had a vauxhall vivaro with same engine. Swapped maf and all was good. However both had corrosion inside. Think it just the nature of the beast with these things. Moisture in etc eats them away.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Design

Engine : 1.9CDTi

Year : 2005

Mileage : Lots

Mine did this. Down to the same error code in 5th gear. If the engine is warm and you sit in neutral with the revs around 2000 or so (as they would be in 5th cruising) does it still put the management light on?

Take the car for a drive for 10 minutes or so, then lift the bonnet and have a feel around the vaccum actuators on the right hand side of the engine. Second picture down here. - http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showth...d%29&p=1304107

If it has failed it will be red hot to the touch. I'd got rid of the car by the time this was solved but they replaced this for about 40 quid and it was sorted. I'd tried cleaning the EGR and everything too.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by cont1204 View Post
    Mine did this. Down to the same error code in 5th gear. If the engine is warm and you sit in neutral with the revs around 2000 or so (as they would be in 5th cruising) does it still put the management light on?

Take the car for a drive for 10 minutes or so, then lift the bonnet and have a feel around the vaccum actuators on the right hand side of the engine. Second picture down here. - http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showth...d%29&p=1304107

If it has failed it will be red hot to the touch. I'd got rid of the car by the time this was solved but they replaced this for about 40 quid and it was sorted. I'd tried cleaning the EGR and everything too.
    mine is an early one without the throttle inlet flap. I have two solenoids one for turbo variable vain push rod which was replaced 3 months ago due to constant over boosting and the other controls the swirl flaps which is working ok located above radiator. Egr is not vacuum controlled as electric operation.
    Got a new Bosch airflow meter to try tonight see if any different on values. Can not reproduce fault stationary. Only intermittent too. Won't happen for 3 weeks then can happen 6 times in one journey.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It seems that i have the same problem as you. http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showth...-over-and-over I had not changed the maf sensor yet.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

New maf made no difference to the readings. It's weird It says at idle mass air flow requested 80kg/h but as said getting 200. Egr opens when vehicle runs and idles but soon shuts it self. And the egr feedback voltage stays around 4.37v and does not change. It's almost like something is causing too much air flow and making the egr shut. Carrie out smoke test on intake. No leaks detected. Vacuum side of items disconnected also make no difference.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Is your turbo steering working smoothly? Can you move it while engine is workin on iddle? I was talking on one of the biggest Polish forums and for the moment i got a theory that there is leakage in high pressure side of air. And car is making turbo to make more pressure, so the boost sensor is at good level, engine get's correct pressure and leakage is also with a full pressure. And then more air is coming through the maf sensor and it is sending high readings, becouse really there is going more air in, 70kg/h to engine plus extra 130 kg/h for the leakage. That's my theory for the moment.

Do you read any errors ?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Only error I get is p0400 5a egr flow insuffiecient. Have scoped the egr and yes it's working ok but at idle the egr should be open which it does to start with but then gets a request to shut. I can only assume its because it sees too much airflow. My turbo is working ok no play etc boost is smooth. Recently stripped and cleaned variable vaines due to sticky carbon deposits. Vacuum side is all ok and intake is all good. Carried out smoke test to check for leaks none found. Scope test on air flow meter showed small waves as supposed to peaks when giving it the throttle. However with a new airflow it's the same so out old one back on. Would be good to see airflow kg/h of a known working one to compare too. What's your barometric reading? As mines reading 100kpa but at idle boost pressure also measures 100kpa which I would have thought there would be a difference. I know it's at idle but would expect the pressure in manifold to be greater???

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i think my friend's is 100kpa too, i was reading it 4 day's ago... For P0400 error car computer takes such steps:
    -egr is off,
    -boost pressure control is not longer possible,
    -the fuel injection quantity is reduced.
    I will try to spent some time with that car tomorrow. And i will write all things down like pressure etc.

Boost pressure should be:
    idle
    90-120 kpa
    1.5V-1.8V
    from iddle to 3500rpm
    100...230 kpa
    1.5V...4.5V

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information