Thread: Which way to go?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Which way to go?

I am in a dylema, as you know I took the plunge and bought a new Audi A3 for Sam. I did'nt skimp on anything, I bought the A3 S-Line Special edition with the brilliant 2.0 Turbo FSi Petrol engine.

Sam absolutly adores the car in everyway but I have not been that smitten with it, it is built to a quality that Vauxhall can only dream I'm afraid to say and it does everything very very well. At this point the only thing I have changed is to fit a K&N panel filter.

I want to change it for a VXR Zafira, which Sam is not keen on. Do I keep the Audi, and spend a bit of cash doing it to 'my' specification, re-map, exhaust brakes etc and get it more personal to me and possibly really enjoy the car. Or change it which Sam does not want to do?

Any offers of wisdom would be welcome?

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I wouldn`t sell a car that the missus likes for one she didn`t (oh, I just did *lol*) ... I had a go of a Zafy VXR before buying the vec. You are probably used with the handling having had the GSi, but I wasn`t impressed with it. And the engine did seem to labour a bit, but I am comparing it to the Astra. Personally I love the look of the s-line and certainly wouldn`t get rid of one for a Zaffy ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Jeeeeeeeeeeez, Matt, you're brave!

If she likes it, just let it be! At the end of the day, you've got the VXRD as your toy.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If I was you I would keep the A3, hands down. Infact at this moment in time I would be considering changing the Vectra for an A4 S-line 2.0T

If your wife likes the A3 it may be best for you in the long run to keep it anyway LOL ! I like the idea of spending money on the A3 to help you enjoy it more, that sounds the best option to me !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You guys speak words of wisdom, from what I have been told, those who have owned Astra VXR's will not like the Zafira VXR with the same powerplant.

I would like to get a Vectra VXR, but it is too big for her. Like with my old Zafira GSi, as it was our 'own' car I saw a long future with it.

But although the Vectra is my car, as I use it for work with 30,000 miles a year, I know that I will only keep it until it is 2 years old and a year of that is nearly over so can't afford to get too attached to it.

I think I may be being a little selfish and wanted my Vectra for work and also my Zafira for play!! I had that for 2 years with my old GSi and Vec SRi and loved every minute of it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Give your current Vec to the Mrs, and get yourself a VXR

Use the A3 as the deposit against it HAHAHAHAHA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i don't think you have a dilemma at all Matt...the answer is in your own post!

your mrs loves the audi and would not like a Zaf VXR, that is enough for me to say that you should save yourself the ear ache and stick with the audi.

as you say, build quality of Vx's is not a patch on the audi and i think you might even miss the audi once its gone. spend a bit of cash and get a remap, look how happy Duncan is with his.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Take away a car that she was happy with, replace it with one that she isn't, and errm, suffer ear bashing and grief every time the word "car" is mentioned for the next two to three years.

Doesn't sound like a particularly smart plan to me.

dv.

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Keep the A3 Matt. I've also driven the Zaffy VXR and I wasn't that impressed either. The A3 as you say has a supieror built quality and as you know will hold onto resale values.

Not forgetting the missus likes it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.8 Turbo

Year : 2006

Selling the wife's car she loves for one she hates is a brave move for any man who values his testicles. Play safe and keep the Audi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information