Thread: Signum 1.9CDTI 150 hesitating/powerloss on acceleration

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Signum 1.9CDTI 150 hesitating/powerloss on acceleration

Hi There, after reading many many post here and elsewhere and getting very depressed about it all i thought i should ask all you knowledgeable people about my symptoms as i have not heard anyone mention them in quite the way i am experiencing them....

Basically about a month or so ago my car started to hesitate when accelerating..over a few week this go worse...it hesitates if i barely touch the accelerator or if i plant my foot firmly down...totally irrelevant of RPM.

The only thing i have noticed is that it always starts from cold fine and when the engine is cold runs perfectly ok

Sometime it does a slight blip of hesitation sometimes its a real night mare and is almost all the time on a journey (my journeys to and from work are about 27 miles each way so on a bad day is very frustrating)..

2 things to mention is that i have had the car a couple of years which it has not put a foot wrong till now but the last 6 month or so i have been driving like an old man trying to get more MPG.

secondly up to now i always use fuels from tesco....not good i know...

After reading many posts i assumed soot clogging thins up was the issue so i started driving hard again using the full rev band...a couple of weeks ago i removed the EGR valve and cleaned it (not the solenoid part though)...on immediate road test i thought it fixed the problem but next day back to normal...I decided to unplug the EGR valve to see if that made a difference....after a couple of weeks it appears that did not solve it at all.

When the car does it i decided to put my foot on the clutch to take the load off and floor the accelerator to see if this clears it...however doing this the revs go to max and then the power will drop randomly and go back up to max...dont know what that suggest but you're the experts so thought id mention it.

Any ideas what this could be???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Any lights or codes. Is the third injector wiring the updated version?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Before I unplugged the egr valve no light came on at all....this morning I filled my car up from the local shell garage for some decent fuel then put some diesel additives I got from halfords to help clean things up ....I also got some oil additives to do the same.

I have also cleaned the boost sensor this morning which was caked in black gunk! Also took off the air intake on the throttle body and cleaned inside as best I could, that was pretty dirty too. Took for a couple of longish road test and gave the odd hiccup.....but still hesitated.....aldo I plugged the egr valve back in.....engine management light stayed on...but I guess that is normal till cleared?

Oh and as far as I can see 3rd injector is original and not updated
    Last edited by sas_71; 10th November 2012 at 15:52.

Thread Information