Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Question P0100 most likely cause for these symptoms

Hi all,
    Sorry if this has been posted before, but I can't figure what to look at first from reading the other posts.

I have an 04 reg 2.0 dti with Y20DTH engine.

I get the spanner light and limp home mode on almost every journey now. It only happens once the car is getting up to temperature. If I turn the ignition off and start the car again the car runs fine for a while with no error lights, but because it is already warm the spanner light returns again.

The problem generally occurs under acceleration, particularly when going up hill. I think I can hear a slight hissing noise as well.

A couple of times the engine has actually cut out, although there was no error light when that happened.

I have a code reader and get the P0100 code indicating a MAF problem.

I have read that there could be a problem with the MAF sensor, wiring, vac pipes and egr valve.
    I was wondering if with my cars symptoms what is the most likely cause and is there a possibility I have missed?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

Kenny

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : SRI 150

Trim : Smart and Bad!

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : 2008

Mileage : 105000

Same as my issue. One of the intercooler hoses are split. Or letting out pressure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hissing noise is a boost leak. Start by checking all hoses from the air filter to the turbo, and from the turbo to the intake (via the intercooler).

Maf fault could be nothing, it may be registering wrong due to the boost leak. In theory, the MAF is reading airflow fine, but the engine isn't consuming the air because it's venting out under pressure before it reaches the intake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for the info. I will pop it open at the weekend and take a look. The hissing does seem to be coming from in front of the driver, although it's hard to tell without going under the bonnet yet.Oh, and I forgot a symptom, It might not be relevant but the idle speed is slightly higher. I will post back at the weekend with results. Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi all, it was the rubber pipe just to the right of the EGR value (as looking at the car). There was an inch long split in it. It has covered everything around it in annoying black crap. I had already ordered a new pipe figuring it wouldn't hurt to change it anyway, a nice blue one. The new one hasn't arrived yet, but I can't see anything else wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default please help

Quote Originally Posted by brotherkennyh View Post
    Hi all, it was the rubber pipe just to the right of the EGR value (as looking at the car). There was an inch long split in it. It has covered everything around it in annoying black crap. I had already ordered a new pipe figuring it wouldn't hurt to change it anyway, a nice blue one. The new one hasn't arrived yet, but I can't see anything else wrong.
    which pipe is this please.

i have same issue slow sluggish no power, accelerating takes it into limp mode got code read today p0100.

i dont want to buy a new maf meter part if i dont have to, i know nothing abut cars, but if anyone can help id apprecciate it as this is naff and the car is using loads more diesel due to it.

vectra c 2.0dti 68,000 03 plate

thanks

craig

Thread Information