User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Blimey I've only gone and fixed it!

  1. #1
    Regular Member bennettboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Havant UK
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Blimey I've only gone and fixed it!

    Well having tapped into the wealth of knowledge on this brilliant forum/club, Ive managed to fix the none working temp gauge.

    And as diagnosed it was the stat, so £49 for a new stat and 3 hrs of my time I managed to take on my 1.9 120 and fit it.

    What a nightmare job! dont think the italians could of made it any harder and I thought my old mazda was difficult at times to work on.

    So cheers guys

  2. #2
    Regular Member jimbo1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    southwest
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    italians??

  3. #3
    Regular Member bennettboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Havant UK
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Yep Italians the 1.9 cdti is a Fiat lump.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Damo77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Petersfield, Hampshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra

    Trim : SRi

    Engine : 1.9 CDTi 8v

    Year : 55

    Mileage : 92,000

    Default



    Nicely done matey

    I received mine yesterday but have no time at the mo to get it fitted. Have to set off for work at 4am and don't get home till 4:30pm so last thing I want to do is get stuck in taking the car apart

    Is it really that difficult to do???

    Might have to bring all my tools home from work then if that's the case

  5. #5
    Regular Member jimbo1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    southwest
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bennettboy View Post
    Yep Italians the 1.9 cdti is a Fiat lump.
    learn sutin new everyday. cheers

  6. #6
    Regular Member bennettboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Havant UK
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damo77 View Post


    Nicely done matey

    I received mine yesterday but have no time at the mo to get it fitted. Have to set off for work at 4am and don't get home till 4:30pm so last thing I want to do is get stuck in taking the car apart

    Is it really that difficult to do???

    Might have to bring all my tools home from work then if that's the case
    If you follow the How2 for the 150 you cant go to wrong, biggest pain is the bracket on the EGR cooler that sits on the threaded bottom bolt of the thermostat. I ended up loosening the cooler clamps and the two bolts that hold the bracket on at the back of the engine, and had to basically prise the bracket away as best I could. Then I ended up painstakingly undoing the bolt with a spanner and eventually got it out. Some people have cut the bracket off the egr cooler, I ended up hacksawing the threaded bit at the front of the bottom bolt and left the bracket on the cooler.

    No doubts there is an easier way but I couldn't find one. Good luck with yours but its worth it in the end.
    Last edited by bennettboy; 7th November 2012 at 20:51. Reason: typos

  7. #7
    Regular Member Damo77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Petersfield, Hampshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra

    Trim : SRi

    Engine : 1.9 CDTi 8v

    Year : 55

    Mileage : 92,000

    Default

    Will have a read of the HOW-To in a little bit, many thanks for the heads up regarding the bracket.

    Might get my air grinder from work then and cut the offending bracket off

    Damo

  8. #8
    Regular Member Gubmint Agent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Feels a lot like Kathmandu.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra

    Trim : Sri

    Engine : 2.2 Direct

    Year : 2007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bennettboy View Post
    dont think the italians could of made it any harder
    That's the Italian way, never give up - oh, wait...

  9. #9
    Regular Member alcutler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    East Midlands
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : vectra c 1.9cdti 120 estate

    Trim : design



    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damo77 View Post
    Will have a read of the HOW-To in a little bit, many thanks for the heads up regarding the bracket.

    Might get my air grinder from work then and cut the offending bracket off

    Damo
    Its difficult to get anything in to cut the bracket off until you have removed the stat housing - can't really see what the bracket is there for it is still rock solid without it

  10. #10
    Regular Member SlowCoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houghton Le Spring
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : SRI 150

    Trim : Smart and Bad!

    Engine : Z19DTH

    Year : 2008

    Mileage : 105000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bennettboy View Post

    If you follow the How2 for the 150 you cant go to wrong, biggest pain is the bracket on the EGR cooler that sits on the threaded bottom bolt of the thermostat. I ended up loosening the cooler clamps and the two bolts that hold the bracket on at the back of the engine, and had to basically prise the bracket away as best I could. Then I ended up painstakingly undoing the bolt with a spanner and eventually got it out. Some people have cut the bracket off the egr cooler, I ended up hacksawing the threaded bit at the front of the bottom bolt and left the bracket on the cooler.

    No doubts there is an easier way but I couldn't find one. Good luck with yours but its worth it in the end.
    Dont cut it!!! Just bend it outwards! When refitting, bend it a bit so the nut can bend it back to shape as u tighten!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Blimey, that was quick
    By Andyjarvis in forum General Motoring Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12th March 2012, 14:32
  2. Blimey!!!
    By DTGB in forum Handling & Braking
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10th November 2009, 21:08
  3. Blimey..I can hear my engine now!
    By bennettboy in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27th November 2008, 23:39
  4. Blimey how many birthdays !!!!
    By Drinky in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 1st January 2007, 23:57

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •