Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Sri Estate Navi xp2

Trim : Leather

Engine : 1.9 + a little extra

Year : 2007

Mileage : 80,000

Default Tyres help??

Hello Guys

OK I’m about to get the tyres for my 19” snowflakes and was wondering if 245/40/19 would be ok? There going on a vecrta?

Thanks

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra SRi Dual Fuel NAV

Trim : PreFace SRi

Engine : 1.8 LPG

Year : 53

correct size is 235/35/19. a lot of members run 245/35/19 including myself. but i would not recommend using 245/40/19, the profile will be too high and set your speedo way out, also there may be an issue with the tyre catching the inner arch lining and even the arch itself. also it will look a bit silly lol. HTH.

PaZ!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for that can i ask what suspension are you using? my car is a 03 sri and wondered if i need to lover it with the 19s?

Thanks

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

you dont NEED to lower it, but you can do if you wish. i did mine because one of my springs broke. im running Bilstein B4s all round with Apex 45mm lowering springs. it does the trick. i chose the B4s because of the price, on hind sight i wish i got the B6s which cost about twice as much and give a sportier stiffer ride, the B4s aint stiff enough if you ask me. i hear good things about the Eibach Springs too, you could try them. if your shock absorbers are fine you could just go down the route of fitting just the lowering springs upto 45mm drop, any lower and it would be recommended that you fit sports lowered shock absorbers. hth.

regards,

PaZ!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for your reply, that good to here. After getting a price on 248s today i will be sticking with the 235s instead.

Dose anyone have a pic of a vectra c on standard sri springs and 19" snowflakes just so i can see how it looks.

Thanks

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi (VXR Styling)

Engine : Z19DTH (Re-mapped)

Year : 04

Mileage : 110k

An oldie...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks mate
    Looks good to me, and this is the same calour as mine.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Opel Vectra GTS

Trim : Elegance

Engine : 2.2 DTi 16V

Year : 2003

Mileage : 75 000

I had thought about fitting 245/35/19 too. They would protect the rims from sidewalk borders when parking, and raise the car by 3.5 mm, which would be a great advantage, considering speed bumps here look like hills lying in the middle of the streets.

BTW, I can't understand how you can lower the car and still be able to climb bumps or ramps. I'm almost unable to do that, with only OEM SRi suspensions. Now I' think the 8" wide ET35 rims apply a stronger torque on the springs, explaining why my car is so low at the front and the springs feel so soft (I'd better not climbing a bump too fast, or the front bumper will litterally crash on it).

I'm wishing to find (much) stiffer springs, but not lower than OEM. Pretty hard to achieve, providing the 2.2 DTi (with air conditionning compressor, condenser, dual fan and all the stuff) is almost the heaviest engine among of all Vectras, only superceeded by the 3.0 CDti. I'm currently hesitating between 3.0 CDTi SRi OEM springs, or 3.0 CDTi Eibach springs, hoping they won't put the car lower than the original 20 mm (I know there are 15 mm lowered SRis around, but it might be an effect of different engine weights, or maybe Opel GTS uses different springs than vauxhall SRi, but I doubt about that. Mine is clearly lowered by 20, even 25 mm because of possible too weak or worn springs, not 15).

Now since fitting 245/35/19 tyres could be an option, I was wondering if it wouldn't have effects on traction power and/or fuel consumption. Going from 215/50/17 to 235/45/17, then 235/35/19 as I did, had significant effects.

What are your thoughts about that ?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Z80 View Post
    I had thought about fitting 245/35/19 too. They would protect the rims from sidewalk borders when parking, and raise the car by 3.5 mm, which would be a great advantage, considering speed bumps here look like hills lying in the middle of the streets.

BTW, I can't understand how you can lower the car and still be able to climb bumps or ramps. I'm almost unable to do that, with only OEM SRi suspensions. Now I' think the 8" wide ET35 rims apply a stronger torque on the springs, explaining why my car is so low at the front and the springs feel so soft (I'd better not climbing a bump too fast, or the front bumper will litterally crash on it).

I'm wishing to find (much) stiffer springs, but not lower than OEM. Pretty hard to achieve, providing the 2.2 DTi (with air conditionning compressor, condenser, dual fan and all the stuff) is almost the heaviest engine among of all Vectras, only superceeded by the 3.0 CDti. I'm currently hesitating between 3.0 CDTi SRi OEM springs, or 3.0 CDTi Eibach springs, hoping they won't put the car lower than the original 20 mm (I know there are 15 mm lowered SRis around, but it might be an effect of different engine weights, or maybe Opel GTS uses different springs than vauxhall SRi, but I doubt about that. Mine is clearly lowered by 20, even 25 mm because of possible too weak or worn springs, not 15).

Now since fitting 245/35/19 tyres could be an option, I was wondering if it wouldn't have effects on traction power and/or fuel consumption. Going from 215/50/17 to 235/45/17, then 235/35/19 as I did, had significant effects.

What are your thoughts about that ?
    i believe you will have more traction due to the fact that the tyres will be wider hence more rubber on the road, this could affect your fuel consumption and power yes. it all depends on how big an impact it makes, and how much it bothers you.

if you want a stiffer ride, but dont want to lower the car, then you might be able to use 3.0 cdti springs in your car. this should fit and work fine, just do your research first to make sure the axle loads are not too much out of spec from your current ones. hth.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Opel Vectra GTS

Trim : Elegance

Engine : 2.2 DTi 16V

Year : 2003

Mileage : 75 000

There's only 95 Kg difference considering the ranges are "up to 1135 kg on front axle" and "up to 1230 on front axle".

I have a 2.2 DTi + air conditionning, meaning it's one of the heaviest models. Actually, the opeloem catalog gave the same part numbers as the 3.0 CDTi as replacement parts for my setup.

So you think I'd better go for overrated OEM springs, rather than overated Eibachs ? The problem is since I have no idea of the springs stiffness for calculation, it's hard to predict the resulting height. I'd really like to know of people having done it.

I also read that lowering (then stiffer) springs would make the car bouncy without changing the shock absorbers too... While actually, my OEM Sachs shocks are supposed to be stiffer than standard non-sport Vectras ones ; at least they're made for the factory "lowered and uprated suspension" (cited from the Vauxhall catalog :P). Anyway, I will probaly fit Koni FSD when I have the money. Harder sport-only shocks would most probably be catastrophic on our local roads.

About the tyres width, I agree with your remark. Maybe it won't be a good idea on lower torque engines however, but with the 2.2 DTi + power box, it just pulls hard. Plus handling and behavior on wet road are darmatically enhanced.

Actually, my other concern is the clutch is slipping a lot (and it's been changed already a few years ago). I'll have to fit some competition reinforced one, as I'm really just wasting torque and fuel when accelerating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information